H8000 / 4 TRACKER #4 (preset 735) question

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 / 4 TRACKER #4 (preset 735) question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      taylor12k
      Participant

hi, i’m exploring this preset this morning.. seems very cool and has a few tricks up its sleeve… however, i’m having trouble getting the pitch shifting at the end to work properly…

if i record audio into all 4 tracks, i can change their levels and pans via the 4 controls.. however, only pitch shift channel 1 seems to work, and it changes the pitch of ALL of the channels… 2-4 do nothing..

is this a little bug? if so, is there an updated version of the patch anywhere?

or am i using it wrong? anyone else try this one out?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are right – its a bug. Pitch1 is connected to all the shifters, while pitch2-4 control out are unconnected. Presumably pitch1 should be connected to pitchshift1, pitch2 to pitchshift2, etc.

I've attached a fixed version  – you will need to change it to .sig, and then use Vsig to send it to the unit. Or, alternatively, you can make the changes with the front panel ptach editor.

taylor12k
        Participant

thanks for this!! i think it was you, as well, who corrected the Reich Loops preset for me, too… very appreciative.

is there an easy explanation on how to make the new connections via the front panel? or is it easier for me to un-rack the H8000 from the studio and bring it into the house to the PC and load the new file? from the looks of it, it may be easier to just bring the  unit into the house.. but if there is an easy front panel fix, let me know…

thanks!

nickrose wrote:

You are right – its a bug. Pitch1 is connected to all the shifters, while pitch2-4 control out are unconnected. Presumably pitch1 should be connected to pitchshift1, pitch2 to pitchshift2, etc.

I’ve attached a fixed version  – you will need to change it to .sig, and then use Vsig to send it to the unit. Or, alternatively, you can make the changes with the front panel ptach editor.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

To do it from the front panel, you need to use the Patch Editor, which is described in the separate Programmer's Manual.

In simple terms:

1) Load the preset

2) Press and hold PARAMETER to enter the Patch Editor.

3) Press the right arrow key until you see "pitchshift2" in the top right.

4) Hit <modify>

5) Hit the down arrow until you highlight "shift:pitch1-out".

6) turn the wheel slightly so it changes to"shift:pitch2-out".

7) Press SELECT to accept.

8) Press <done> to exit modify.

9) Repeat steps (3) to (8) to set pitchshift3 shift to pitch3-out and pitchshift4 shift to pitch4-out

10) Hit PROGRAM to exit the Patch Editor and SAVE THE PRESET.

taylor12k
      Participant

thanks for the easy instructions… it was no problem doing the modification..

however, PITCH 3 is controlling loop #2 and PITCH 2 is controlling looop #3…

i’ve double checked my editing and they’re assigned correctly… and i’ve looked around the patch for any other crossed lines between 2 and 3 and don’t see any (yet).. any idea what the issue could be?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can't see why that should be. But it is easily fixed.

taylor12k
        Participant

can you let me know how? i looked through the “knob” settings and such and couldn’t see anything that connected 2 to 3 and vice versa… weird…

nickrose wrote:

Can’t see why that should be. But it is easily fixed.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your problem. But, assuming you are saying that knob "pitch2" controls the pitch for loop 3, and vice versa, you have two options:

1) Ignore it. Or …

2) Go through the Patch Editor sequence and if necessary exchange the pitch2,pitch3 connections to pitchshift2 and 3.

taylor12k
      Participant

yes, that’s the issue.. pitch parameter 2 is controlling the pitch for loop 3 and loop 3 pitch is controlling the pitch for loop 2.

both are assigned correctly in the <PITCHSHIFT> modules.. and i even checked the <KNOB> modules to make sure they were connected properly, and they are.

i’ve tested the issue by making a simple loop into #2 only, confirming that input 2 controls the input level and output 2 controls the output level (no mis-wiring there).. but with just loop 2 running, the pitch paramter for 3 indeed controls 2’d pitch.

seems like the best course of action may be to ignore it.. tho i’m very curious as to why this is happening. got to be something crossed somewhere!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure why this is, but it would be easy enough to exchange the knob inputs to th pitchshifters in the Patch Editor. Or, ignore it ..

taylor12k
        Participant

ok, that worked.. i just assigned 2 to 3 and 3 to 2… “wrong” but in this case it corrects the problem… good enough solution for now!

thanks!

nickrose wrote:

Not sure why this is, but it would be easy enough to exchange the knob inputs to th pitchshifters in the Patch Editor. Or, ignore it ..

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.