h8000 convertors

Home Forums Products Rackmount h8000 convertors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

have read a bit that the convertors in the h8000 are superior to quite a few others.

i am running Motu192HD with Apogee Big ben maser clock, into SSL X Rack.

would i get a better sound if i used the H8000 convertors as my main ones?

Is this possible ?

many thanks

Charlie

IDeangelis

Hi Charlie

yes…the converters are quite good!

you'll have to judge w/your ears (that's the fun part of it, right?).

You can connect analog sources to the analog inputs of the unit…or you can feed the H8000 digital signals and convert them to analog via its analog outputs. All is possible…provided you use or create the proper I/O routing of this powerful unit.

all the best

I

Cheers I

Will give it a go now

best

Charlie

Sonic Nomad
      Participant

You will enjoy it. I now always record into Pro Tools LE and Logic 8 via the H8000's A/D as it sound rather better and "wider" than those on my Digi003.

Just last week Isetup the H8000FW as the primary sound card with Logic using the H8000 for both ins and outs. was a bit of a complex setup but works very well. It allows me to use all the analog in and outs into logic and also use two channels effects on on both DSP A & B running in series. That is of course if Im not running monolithic presets. Big Smile

Hi D
      thanks for the info , am using logic as well.
      if its not a hassle, could you tell me how exactly you got your h8000 set up to run as main convertors,
      especially the h8000 routing,ins and outs ect

Many thanks
      Charlie

IDeangelis

Try exploring the factory Routings area. There you start loading one and check if it works for you. You can also create and store your routings here.

To access ROUTINGS store/recall area press & hold the PROGRAM key for a few seconds.
      Routing #10 ANALOG A-B is a good starting point.

best
      I

Sonic Nomad
      Participant

What DAW are you using?

Am using Motu 192 HD with Mac G5 and Logic 8 Pro

cheers

Charlie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.