H8000 dead after holidays!

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 dead after holidays!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Zeppelin999
      Participant

Hi everyone, my H8000A is dead! I left it at home, powered off, and today there’s no signs of life: at power on the screen stay black. At power off some leds show little light (one second) and then nothing more. I opened the case and – see picture – there are only two D101 and D100 green and red leds on. The fuse is apparently ok, even the one inside the case colse to the battery is ok.

Please help, this is crazy!

Lucio

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – looks like it has died.

You could try gently "wiggling" the big square socketed chip in your picture (power off first). We occasionally get a bad socket.

Otherwise, it needs to go for service.

Zeppelin999
      Participant

Thanks Nick, do it happened before something like this? Nobody touched it… any other ideas? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Unfortunately, it could be one of very many things, so it's hard to draw conclusions.

Zeppelin999
      Participant

Nick, problem solved! Thanks a lot. Pushing the Ic into the socket worked. Every now and then there are always some “black” screens but it’s ok. One last thing: what you think of  Ic chip contact cleaners (spray)? Anyway Eventide rocks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Great news !

A light dusting of contact cleaner, then more wiggling would not be a bad thing.

When a system with a bad socket comes in, we remove the socket and solder the chip to the board, but this is not a simple job – you can ruin the board if not careful..

skywriter
      Participant

My EVE/NET died when I left it alone too long 🙁 haven’t had the heart to unplug it to send in for for repair yet. It’s scared of the dark shipping box. 🙂 soon my pretty…. soon.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.