H8000 , each DSP in separate FX analog loop stereo

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 , each DSP in separate FX analog loop stereo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      asrael

Hi , I would like to to use the 2  DSP in 2 stereo loops( using a GCX audio switcher)  but my pb is H 8000 have only 2 analog output

so from now I can only make 2 mono loops for each DSP and that sucks

AS  any upgrade "H8000 -> H8000A" have disappeared cus " we don t support anymore H8000 and H8000A " and NOWAY to buy any other H8000 A, FW just for this, I have to find an other solution

So is there a solution to have 4 analog outputs without passing by a D/A external converter for only 2 more analog outputs ?

In the case which the only solution is a D/A external converter, any suggestion of a good cheap D/A converter in this way?

Is the A/D internal converter of the H8000 is placed after the dsps process? in this case , can DSP out (3 and 4 ) analog signals  be shunt to go to AES DIG(3 and 4) XLR output?

In the main outputs , when DSP A out 7+ DSB out 7 -> DIG 7( corresponding to Analog 1); is the mixing happened before the output OR if I split the XLR stereo analog output I can have[ DSP A out 7 ] at one side and [DSP B out 7 ] at the other side with 2 mono jacks?

Any suggestion other than ( buy H8000A/ FW ) will be appreciated…

thx

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As you observe, the H8000 was mainly designed for digital use, and thus only has two Analog lines, largely intended for monitoring purposes.

To answer your other questions, try downloading the Routing utility (PC or Mac) from the appropriate support page – this will show you the connection options.

Is the upgrade still available to convert the older H8000 Harmonizers to the FW version?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I believe so, but best check with our Audio Sales office, 201 641 1200. (Not many people here today !)

asrael

and for international customer? need to phone too?  :S

Cus the only solution of my pb is a D/A converter which cost already 500/600 euros (700/ 800$ ) so

maybe it s better to upgrade it …

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try email to support@eventide.com. They'll be in tomorrow.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.