H8000 FW Initializing Error

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 FW Initializing Error

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ikarus
      Participant

Hello,

have a problem with my H8000Fw-when starting up it hangs in the Initializing screen.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Wolfgang

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Are you attempting to boot the H8000 normally, or are you attempting the initialization startup?

If the unit will not boot normally, I would recommend initializing the unit to try and clear out the problems that you are having. The following procedure will return the unit to factory settings, however it will erase any user presets.

INITIALIZING THE H8000FW

Initialization of the unit will clear out the internal memory and return the unit to factory defaults. If you use this task in the future please be sure to back up any created presets or user saved information prior to performing this. To initialize the unit: With the unit powered down you will press and hold the ‘8’ key and then power on the unit. You will hold the ‘8’ key until you see “release key now” appear on the display, you will release the ‘8’ key but then you must immediately hold it down again until you see the following message appear: Do you really want to lose all the stored information? Selecting yes will begin the initialization process which will take about 30 seconds. Once it is complete, the main screen will appear.

Ikarus
      Participant

There is a problem in the info screen saying: Problem in

n

snq, 2em

bad checksum

What does this mean?

Thanks,

Wolfgang

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for the information. Please see below:

Clearing Checksum Error

Press the ‘setup’ key until you see “service” as a soft-key option and select it. Then select the first option to the left “fix internal”. You will then see a question appear: “Do you really want to fix the checksum for the internal ram”. Select yes. This will not erase any user presets that you have saved to the unit. This will only take a moment and then the display will return to the same page. Power cycle the unit to confirm if the message is still experienced at start up.

If you continue to experience the error message after clearing it out, then I would recommend doing a factory reset as mentioned in the last message.

If the error still appears after a factory reset, then you may need to change the battery.

Below is the type of battery you will need. Unfortunately it will not be so easy to replace. The battery is located toward the back of the unit underneath the FireWire board. It is silver and about the size of a quarter. To replace it you will need to carefully remove the FireWire board, via the screws on the back panel and the ones connecting it to the motherboard. After that is removed you can get to the battery. Simply remove the old one, make sure the contacts are clean, and replace it with the new one. Then put the FireWire board back in carefully, making sure that all the pins are properly in place. Otherwise it will not read the FireWire board at all. At the next startup you should get a message saying that the “Internal RAM is new – Clear and Format?” Hit yes to format it. You should then be all set.

H8000FW battery: 3V Lithium BR2330 (Panasonic number) or CR2330

Let me know what happens.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.