H8000 fw Remote control levels perfectly functionning with the V5.5 update

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 fw Remote control levels perfectly functionning with the V5.5 update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      E.M Pulinx

Hi !

No bugs anymore  ! : I installed today the V5.5 on the H8000fw,made a dispB levels remote control : the parameter are not controlled anymore when I hit the volume pedal,only the DispB levels!

Something does happen in the  system sampling rate and ext sync indicator using Internal clock.

The bottom led EXT is blinking regularly ,i.e several routed digital inputs are unlocked.

Going  in the set up clock menu page, I see effectively  2 digital inputs unlocked (not in parenthesis ) :

AES 1/2 and AES 3/4.

Going in the  input routings ,where I'm employing  only analog in's (and Out's ) ,I can see :

AES/EBU in1_____IN5

AES/EBU in2 _____IN6

AES/EBU in3_____IN7

AES/EBU in4______IN 8

What is there to do in order to supress this EXT regular blinking ?

cheers

EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

E.M Pulinx:

No bugs anymore  !

Good !!

E.M Pulinx:

What is there to do in order to supress this EXT regular blinking ?

The ext regular blinking is there to annoy our users. It is often very successful at this. Beyond this important function, its other role is to tell you if any routed digital inputs are unlocked. Since the machine does not always know whether or not you are using a connected input, the led flashes if any routed input is unlocked, regardless of whether you think it is important.

To fix it you have to look at all the routed digital inputs and unroute those that are not actually needed. Often, things can be connected to, say, ADAT out, even if you are not using it.

E.M Pulinx

OK

May I let  this EXT led blink regularly without any danger then ,or is it better to fix that ?

As I said ,in the Set up Clock menu page, I see effectively  2 digital inputs unlocked (not in parenthesis ) :

AES 1/2 and AES 3/4.

Going in the  input routings ,where I'm employing  only analog in's (and Out's ) ,I can see :

AES/EBU in1_____IN5

AES/EBU in2 _____IN6

AES/EBU in3_____IN7

AES/EBU in4______IN 8

How to unroute AES 1/2 and AES 3/4 ?

I don't precisely understand your suggestion

cheers

EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

E.M Pulinx:

May I let  this EXT led blink regularly without any danger then ,or is it better to fix that ?

It's probably better to fix it, because you otherwise never know if it's important.

E.M Pulinx:

How to unroute AES 1/2 and AES 3/4 ?

Probably easiest to select them one at a time, and turn the knob clockwise until you see "

"

E.M Pulinx

Hi , done like you said :

INPUTS (same for DSPA and DSPB )      {I employ only analog in 1 and 2}

analog in1–IN1      _ _ _ _ _ _–IN5       {replaced AES 1 to 4   by   " _ _ _ "  as you suggested }

analog in2 –IN2     _ _ _ _ _ _ –IN6

(analog in3–IN3)    _ _ _ _ _ _ –IN7

(analog in4 –IN4)  _ _ _ _ _ _ –IN 8

OUTPUTS  (same for DSPA and DSPB)  {parallel A{ }B user config )

DSPA out1(+) _ _ _ _ _ _ ANA1

DSPA out2 (+)   _ _ _ _ _ ANA2

DSPB out3 (+)  _ _ _ _ _ ANA3

DSPB out 4 (+ ) _ _ _ _ _ ANA4

Now,going in "Clock "parameter,AES 1/2 and AES 3/4  "unlocked"  are still NOT in parenthesis as the others , and this light EXT still blinks regularly ! ???

What to do now ?

cheers

EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The parentheses indicate that the input is unrouted. So, the machine thinks that the AES is routed somewhere. It may be mistaken, but remember that you can also route directly to the AES11-17, ADAT and FIREWIRE1,2 outputs – look at these, and unroute them if necessary.

E.M Pulinx

sorry Nick

But I don't understand what to do now : where can I go ?

I showed to you   my input and output screen

EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You showed my your screen, but not your screens

Look at SETUP/outputs/MAIN (digital), SETUP/outputs/ADAT, etc, etc. There are many of them.

You could also try the Routing Utility, available from the main H8000 Support page.

E.M Pulinx

U said :

So, the machine thinks that the AES is routed somewhere.

Going with the greatest attention thru all the digital channels 5 to 8 as concerning any connexions implicating AES 1/2 and 3/4 , those two  that are not in parenthesis, I never saw any connexions implicating the latter

EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

In this context, don't know what you mean by "digital channels 5-8."  I would ask you to look at the specific pages I mentioned.

But, life is too short … if you can't find the mysterious routed connections, you should probably ignore the flashing – it's meant to be annoying.

E.M Pulinx

ok Nick, life is too short!

I'll ignore this flashing !

EMP

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.