h8000 red adat light on in the back and blinking ext (no adat plugged in!)

Home Forums Products Rackmount h8000 red adat light on in the back and blinking ext (no adat plugged in!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ianross
      Participant

The bottom red LED near the adat connectors is on even though nothing is plugged into any of the digital i/o at all. It's the bottom of the two LEDs.

Also the EXT light in the front is blinking. 

Again I have no adat/toslink or any cables plugged into the h8000 except analog.

I tried resetting the settings to factory default but didn't change anything.

What's wrong?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The bottom LED near the ADAT blinks to indicate FireWire activity. If is is steady, this is because of .. no activity. In your case you should ignore it.

The EXT light flashes if any routed digital input is unlocked. Note I said routed, not used. Because there are very many digital inputs, it is quite likely that one or more of these is routed even if it is not being used. In your case, if you are using no digital input, you can ignore it.

If the flashing annoys you, you will have to go through all the routing pages and turn all the digital I/O off. This will be character-building and educational.

ianross
      Participant

Ok, I understand now that the red light blinks when there is firewire activity, but:

should it be solid red when there is no firewire cable plugged into the eventide at all?

I don't use the firewire…

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I see your point … but it's what it does. Worry if it starts flickering.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.