H8000 Serial

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 Serial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      withakay
      Participant

Hi,

I know I am setting myself up to look like a dummy here but…. where is the serial number on an H8000FW?

I recently traded my Kyma for H8000FW and cannot see the serial on the back, am I going to have to take it out of the rack to locate?

Is it possible to view it on the display via software?

TIA

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's usually a label on the back of the left-hand side panel.

You may be able to find it by going to setup/service/info, then hitting <next> until you get to "FireWire Board Info", when you should see it.

withakay
      Participant

Yeah, I figured as much, same as the my Eclipse. Well it seem to be missing physically, but present via the Firewire info. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I go so close by myself, but not far enough 🙂

The serial in the Firewire info is in the format 00000###. (Where ### == the serial number digits)

I read somewhere that the Firewire serial is base 16, is that the case?

How do I format to a usable serial number to register the Harmonizer with?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If the FW serial number is 54321 it is spurious. I'm concerned about the lack of an actual sticker.

That aside, you need to convert the base 16 FW serial into decimal.

You want to end up with something like FW-xxxxx ( 5 decimal digits with leading zero(s) ).

withakay
      Participant

Nick

I actually miss-read your response, I thought you meant on the back to the left (which, when looking form the back, is where the serial number is on my Eclipse that is racked under the H8000).

So, I popped out the H8000 from the rack (urgh)  and there is indeed a serial number there.

For anyone else reading this in the future the Firewire serial listed via the service menu is already in decimal, but I think the one listed via the routing app is base 16 (I can't be sure yet because I need to register to get the software….)

Now there is a problem registering: A system error occurred while registering your product. Please contact Eventide support.

So I shall await a response from support.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.