H8000 V5.3 now posted

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 V5.3 now posted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

V5.3 of software for the H8000,H8000A and H8000FW is now available under the Support section to registered users. Its main purpose is to offer Leopard and Vista support to H8000FW users, but it has a number of other minor changes.

The Installation of this release is strongly recommended for H8000FW users who use FireWire.
      H8000, H8000A and non-FireWire H8000FW users should only install this release if they have encountered any of the fixed bugs.

All users should study the (Web) Release Notes before installing.

Improvements
      1) Support for Leopard and Vista
      2) Better stability when using FireWire
      3) Improved driver control panel
      Changes:
      1) If the FireWire connection is active, the sample rate can only be changed from the computer
      2) Preset 1312 ?Don?t? Go In The Cellar? is now 48K only
      Bugs Fixed:
      1) if the sample rate converter is enabled, it will become disabled at next powerup
      2) if a setup is loaded, the routings and levels will not be updated until next powerup
      3) if "10 Factory Init" is loaded, a version number changed message occurs at next powerup
      4) only 12 FireWire channels were available at 96KHz sampling.
      5) H8000FW and computer sample rate could be different

Sonic Nomad
      Participant

Thanks EVENTIDE! Big Smile

However I am battling to get the drivers installed here on mac.

Tried on both OS X 10.5.4 and 10.5.5 on two different partitions and the H8000 device icon does not show up in the system preferences window under Other.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Whoops, sorry. We missed that.

Follow the instructions under "The Macintosh Control Panel" instead to find it, then continue as you were.

Sonic Nomad
      Participant

Ok, so using the "Eventide Control Panel.app" found under applications there are no devices present all the feilds are blank! Seems there's no connection.

I've tried this on both a Mac Pro and a Macbook Pro. 

Just hope it's not the H8000 itself that's faulty! [:'(]

Bit late here now so I'll tackle this in the morning.   Sleep

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Be sure that you also successfully updated the H8000FW.

Go to setup/service/information on the H8000 and make sure that the first page says "Revision: 5.3" and the last page (Firewire Board Info) says "SDD Version: 03.02.00". Some pages take a few seconds to display.

If not, perform the card update again.

lbartram

Hi: First, thanks for posting this update.

I'm having the same symptoms as Sonic Nomad on my H8000FW. I downloaded the file to my Mac, and it came up with six files. Their exact names are as follows:

o8.bam
      autoexec.bat
      FWTERM.BIM
      H8000.bin
      cmds.txt
      LOADBAM.exe

Interestingly, the FWTERM.BIM file isn't a .BIN file, but maybe that's supposed to be that way. I copied these files, using my Mac, to the PC Card I used to install the last system update, and then ran the installer with the "2" key down at power up.

Thanks to your instructions above, I know how to check to see if Revision: 5.3 was correctly installed. It was, but the SDD Version is wrong; it is the old one, 2 point

My installer didn't finish gracefully from the card. At the end, I was just left with instructions on the screen of the H8000FW . I see a message flash that says "Success", that disappears quickly, then I am stuck looking at a screen that says "FWterm V1.2" The only options, each of which does nothing at all, is "restart" on the leftmost soft button and "done" on the rightmost button. I sat here looking at this for some time, thinking something would happen, but nothing did, so I powered off and back on, and this is where it sits. I've done this three times now.

What should I do?

Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi – sorry you are having problems.

FWTerm is a utility that loads the SDD code – it should show "Transferring .." for several minutes.

Obviously it is not Transferring, which is why your SDD code is that of the previous version. The SDD code has to be compatible with the driver for the Control Panel to appear.

Not sure what the problem is – let us think on it and get back to you. In the meantime, you may be able to continue as is, or revert to V5.2.

Siem
      Participant

lbartram:

Hi: First, thanks for posting this update.

I'm having the same symptoms as Sonic Nomad on my H8000FW. I downloaded the file to my Mac, and it came up with six files. Their exact names are as follows:

o8.bam
      autoexec.bat
      FWTERM.BIM
      H8000.bin
      cmds.txt
      LOADBAM.exe

Interestingly, the FWTERM.BIM file isn't a .BIN file, but maybe that's supposed to be that way. I copied these files, using my Mac, to the PC Card I used to install the last system update, and then ran the installer with the "2" key down at power up.

Thanks to your instructions above, I know how to check to see if Revision: 5.3 was correctly installed. It was, but the SDD Version is wrong; it is the old one, 2 point

My installer didn't finish gracefully from the card. At the end, I was just left with instructions on the screen of the H8000FW . I see a message flash that says "Success", that disappears quickly, then I am stuck looking at a screen that says "FWterm V1.2" The only options, each of which does nothing at all, is "restart" on the leftmost soft button and "done" on the rightmost button. I sat here looking at this for some time, thinking something would happen, but nothing did, so I powered off and back on, and this is where it sits. I've done this three times now.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Back when I upgraded to v5.2, I got all kinds of errors. I copied the files to the card with my Mac. Then I used a PC to copy the upgrade files to the card and the upgrading proces went smooth. I tried to upgrade to 5.3 today and created a card with a Mac again, it doesn't work. Tomorrow when I've got a PC in the studio, I bet everything will work again. Try this, it might work for you too.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There would appear to be a problem with the installer for this release, that affects some but not all systems. For example, none of our test systems have the problem.

We have posted a new version of the card files that we hope will resolve the issue.

If you still have a problem installing the new files (don't forget to refresh the browser page), please contact  support@eventide.com.

TidesN

I am using both firewire 1 and 2 and it is working no problems with Win XP and Cubase 4. Would you still recommend installing V5.3 in that case? If you do recommend installing this Leopard and Vista focused update, does V5.3 also have all of the V5.2 updates?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you are completely satisfied with the FireWire performance and have not encountered any of the bugs fixed by 5.3, I would suggest you save yourself the time and stay as you are.

Each of our updates incorporates all previous updates.

zoomex
      Participant

i just updated my h8000fw and it's working good no bugs no errors

system :leopard 10.5.4

thanks !for this new update !!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.