H8000 vs Eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 vs Eclipse

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      sectiond

Hi,

I actually own a H8000 (not FW) for electronic music production in a hardware/software studio setup hooked on a mixer with the aux sends and this way i have the feeling that i  use only 25% maybe of the capacity of this monster!

i absolutly love the sound of it…but i heard someone saying that eclipse has the practical advantage that you can easily choose and load two algorythms , set a routing between them and listen to how it sounds.

i can’t use the h8000 as 2 effect processors because i have only 1 pair of analog inputs and outputs to use with the aux sends of my mixer and have no FW.

i don’t use vsig.

So in this case ,would eclipse suit better to my needs because of its workflow or is the h8000 still worth to use because of the many algos and superior sound quality ?

thank you!

Brian.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H8000 has a lot more power and algorithms than the Eclipse, and in your case, has the advantage that you already have one. Yes, you may only be using a proportion of its capability, but that will still be more than an Eclipse.

To use 2 algorithms with a stereo input, you need to understand the routing capabilities. You could try H8000 Series Routing Utility (Mac)  or

H8000 Series Routing Utility (Win), as appropriate.

sectiond

Thank you!

i would like to use the h8000 like two independant effects unit with two aux sends of the mixer..for exemple:

-mixer send 1 => h8000 analog input left => reverb patch

-mixer send 2 => h8000 analog input right => delay patch

and then route both patches to the h8000’s analog stereo output => mixer channel (effect return).

Would this be possible?

thanks,Brian.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        sectiond wrote:

Would this be possible?

Yes, but you will have to understand the H8000's routing arrangements. Which are not simple.

You will also have to pick the patches you want to use. The reverb will probably be mono in, stereo out. The delay will depend on which you choose.

sectiond

ok ..so i could not use all the h8000 presets for this purpose right?

sectiond

just tryed to set it up without the routing utility.. but was not able to !

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can use any H8000 preset you want, but you should consider the mono/stereo-ness.

I would recommend that you use the Routing Utility if you are not familiar with the way the routing works.

sectiond

ok..sorry but i never used this software..how do you connect the computer to the h8000 to send the routing? 

thank you.

b

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        sectiond wrote:

ok..sorry but i never used this software..how do you connect the computer to the h8000 to send the routing? 

You need either a serial (COM port, RS232) or a MIDI (DIN) connection. Some computers do not have these, in which case you will need some kind of adaptor.

It is just possible that this approach is not for you.

sectiond

also it looks very complex for me.. don’t know how to manage the desired routing in the software at all !

sectiond

My audio interface has midi din..so i could connect it to the h8000 with this.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.