H8000/Weird Blotch on LCD screen

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000/Weird Blotch on LCD screen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      AntoineVersace
      Participant

Hi all, 

Recently I noticed this weird looking blotch in the corner of the LCD screen, it appears to be white and the size of a penny, maybe a bit smaller – its annoying more then anything 

Has anyone experienced this? 

Is this a sign the screen is going bad? or could it be a magnetic thing?  

Thanks 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Depending which screen you have, it may have got banged, or could have a damaged backlight. The older screens are very hard to get.

So, if your unit is under warranty or of recent manufacture, you may want to send it in. If it has had a long life, you'll probably want to see it as a sign of aging.

AntoineVersace
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Depending which screen you have, it may have got banged, or could have a damaged backlight. The older screens are very hard to get.

So, if your unit is under warranty or of recent manufacture, you may want to send it in. If it has had a long life, you’ll probably want to see it as a sign of aging.

Hi.. I have owned the unit for alomost 5 years, 3 years of that the unit was in storage. I have not used it all that much and the unit certainly has not been banged up. 

The unit is mint. 

I only noticed this white little blotch the other day and I wondered if it was because the unit was getting hot. I need to check if the blotch is still there today. 

So are you saying you cant buy these screens no more is it does happen to be faulty? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The older screens have not been made for many years – sometimes we can get used versions, but it is not easy or guaranteed..

Sorry. If you want to send your unit in we will do our best.

But, if you can live with it, I would suggest that you so do.

AntoineVersace
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

The older screens have not been made for many years – sometimes we can get used versions, but it is not easy or guaranteed..

Sorry. If you want to send your unit in we will do our best.

But, if you can live with it, I would suggest that you so do.

Yeah sure it is very small and can barely see it, my concern is if it starts to spread across the entire screen. 

I will see how I go with it after testing today but if the creens are no longer made well not much I can do right. 

Thanks 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.