H8000 Wet/Dry Levels Question

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 Wet/Dry Levels Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

When running the regular 2290 algorithm (using the DSP A and B in parallel routing) I noticed that the delay level parameter needs to be backed way down so that the wet and dry signals are at equal volume. If the delay level is set at 100%, then the repeats are obviously louder than the dry signal. Normally, from my experience, when input levels and output levels are both set at 100%, the dry/wet signals are balanced.

If I go into the LEVELS area and change the DSP wet/dry mix from 100% to 50%, then I can go back into the 2290 parameters and change the delay level back to 100%. The delayed signal and the dry signal are then at equal volumes.

If I have the DSP wet/dry mix set at 100%, when I run one of the vintage delay presets, I discovered that (again, using the same parallel routing configuration) I was hearing only the wet signal and no dry signal. Changing the wet/dry mix to 50% restored the dry signal, so that it was perfectly balanced with the wet.

So, I have a dilemma. Do I keep my parallel routing and deal with these wet/dry level issues on a per-preset basis? Or do I change my routing?

I've found that setting the wet/dry mix at the DSP level to 50% messes up some of my other presets–like a tremolo patch I made, for instance. It sounds much better when the wet/dry mix is at 100%, not 50%.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

jcshirke
      Participant

I'm pretty sure I solved the problem. I had "Mute" loaded on DSP A instead of "Thru". That was throwing off the wet/dry mix. Now that I have "Thru" loaded on the DSP I'm not using, I get an accurate portrayal of the levels when signal is passed.

Sorry about the mix up….er…so to speak.

I still have not solved the problem of not being able to hear the second delay lines in presets such as vintage delays (654) or 2 x 2290 (6537). I've tried A–>B routing and A||B with no success.

Jeff

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.