H8000 word clock problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 word clock problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      audiomichael
      Participant

I just bought an H8000. It’s a glorious sounding box. But, I’m super confused with the word clock. I’m hoping I can get some help with it.

I have Analog XLR 1-2 routing to Processor A: 1-2. Digital AES 11-12 (via Dsub) routing to Processor B:3-4.

So basically I can have 2 independent processors / fx. 1-2 through analog, 3-4 through AES.

I read that word clock will not be received through AES-EBU 1-2, so I’m using the DSub 11-12 input. Still it shows that my AES 11/12 is “slipping”. I’ve never had a problem with clock digital on my Eclipse that this H8000 replaced. I don’t have dedicated word clock to the word clock in. It should be receiving word clock through the AES signal.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm going to assume that when you say "word clock", you acutally mean sample rate. (Word clock is a specific signal that does not connect to AES).

Your problem here is that you have the sync source ("Source:") set to internal. Your AES signal is coming from something of a similar sample rate, which is why it is slipping rather than showing unlocked.

You have two options:

1) (Probably best) Set "Source": to lock to AES11/12. This means that the whole H8000 will be running at the exact same sample rate as whatever is feeding it. It should then show AES11/12 as locked.

2) If you really need the H8000 to be running on internal sync (can't think why) you should connect your AES signal to AES1/2 and then enable sample rate conversion.

audiomichael
      Participant

Thanks!  I missed that you have to set the sample rate source for both DSP sections.  

I got everything working.  Strangely, I have to use AES 13-14, because the H8000 would not let me select 11-12 as a Sample Rate source.  But It’s working, so I’m not complaning.  Whew!  That is a complicated and deep routing/setup structure 🙂

Thanks for the help!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.