H8000 Wordclock and Configuration Issues

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 Wordclock and Configuration Issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mark Riddick

Hello, I am a new owner of a used H8000 that I purchased from a Nashville Studio from a reputable producer. Before I accuse them of selling me a defective unit, I want to make sure I am hooking it up correctly. I also want to know how to properly configure the WORDCLOCK Termination internally so that I do not need a termination cable externally. I also have an issue downloading the manuals.

I have a real simple setup and I understand wordclock and routings etc.

The Master wordclock is a DigiDesign 003 rack. I am running a BNC connector from it to the H8000, but I do not have a terminator so I would like to switch the toggle switch on the board to "self terminate", but my problem is that I cannot download the owners manual from the Eventide site even though I have a login, the registration page does not give me an option for the H8000 without FW, nor does it allow for my serial number which starts with only an "H", as opposed to a two digit "XX" sequence.

I've also tried to connect via the ADAT and SPDIF cables to send CLOCK to the unit from the converter "DIGI003", but I get a bunch of pops and other artifacts in the sound. Not to mention I can not get anything but the DRY sound back into the DAW "Pro Tools 8".

Can someone help me out with, first "A schematic of the WORDCLOCK termination switch", and second, with diagnosing my connection issues?

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Typically, if you have problems or need support for a second hand unit, you should refer to your vendor. Especially when the unit has not been manufactured for a number of years. Our Web Site normally only has manuals for units that are in current or recent production.

However, to try and help you, there is no on-board switch for "self-termination." There is an internal  jumper (labelled JP250, on the motherboard,  near the BNC socket) that controls termination. This jumper is normally installed, enabling termination. But, because the use of internal jumpers is fiddly, we normally recommend the use of external terminators – see the H8000FW manual for more information.

Pops or other artifacts do indeed suggest sync probems. If you have no luck with WordClock, I would recommend that you use AES as a sync source. It is also possible that you have a hardware problem with the unit, but it is more likely that it is a matter of learning how to use it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.