H8000A (led) meter issue

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000A (led) meter issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Zeppelin999
      Participant

Hi there,

Just purchased an H8000A + EveNet, a very complex beast indeed. But I have one issue: the front panel meter (8×9, led) green and yellow don’t work, only the eight red peaks light on when in overload. On the other side, on the EveNet, all is working flawlessy.

I did the “clear setup” thing, but nothing changes. So my question is: I’m I doing something wrong? Or, do I have a broken meter or what? Is there a way to check it, something like the EveNet self test?

Thanks

Vito Lucio

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Just to confirm:

You say the Eve/Net level meters work fine, but the H8000 front panel meters only show overload ?

If this is the case, it suggests a problem with the H8000 front panel electronics. Most likely, it is the ribbon connector going to the front panel. If you are handy, you could check this. Otherwise it needs a service visit.

Zeppelin999
      Participant

Yes Nick, is correct: I’ll check the 20 pins strip but is a little bit strange that only peak leds are working. If not, do you (Eventide) have dot matrix spare parts?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The 20 pin single row connector drives the display only, so is not the issue. The one you should be looking at is a flexible plastic ribbon connector.

The led meter itself is made of an array of single leds. The problem is more likely to be the led drivers or a connector rather than the leds themselves.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Yes – the one on the right drives the panel electronics (leds, switches, etc).

The one on the left only drives the screen.

Try wiggling the connector and make sure it is pushed home (look at the leds while doing this).

We don't have a lot of problems with these connectors, but it the most likely and easiest to fix.

Otherwise, it needs to come for service.

Zeppelin999
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

The 20 pin single row connector drives the display only, so is not the issue. The one you should be looking at is a flexible plastic ribbon connector.

The led meter itself is made of an array of single leds. The problem is more likely to be the led drivers or a connector rather than the leds themselves.

There are two cables on the back of front panel. You mean the one on the right? Thanks

Zeppelin999
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

Yes – the one on the right drives the panel electronics (leds, switches, etc).

The one on the left only drives the screen.

Try wiggling the connector and make sure it is pushed home (look at the leds while doing this).

We don’t have a lot of problems with these connectors, but it the most likely and easiest to fix.

Otherwise, it needs to come for service.

Thanks Nick, nothing happens, always the same behaviour, the connector seem in good shape. I’m in Italy, I don’t think it’s a big deal to ship this (may be only the front panel?)

I think there will be some strange issue behind this behaviour: the dot matrix is one piece so I believe is only one Ic to drive them. I checked every single led and they work but no light on the machine whith any kind of digital or analog input, only on the controller works fine. One last thing: at power on the overload leds lights (on the EveNet are all on) 

best

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.