H8000FW Blown Up!

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW Blown Up!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      loki
      Hi,
      My H8000FW just made a loud pop, screen went dead and the smell of burning electronics wafted up from it, scary.
      Once I was sure nothing was burning, I tried starting it up with no success.
      Have you heard of similar occurring with other units?
      I have never had any hardware do anything like this, and to make it even stranger in my opinion is the limited amount of use the unit has had.

I bought it in September 2008, but for various reasons, it has spent the vast majority of that time in storage, and has been powered up and working for perhaps 200 hours total.

I checked with the company I bought it from in the UK (Funky Junk), and the warranty period was 12 months only.
      Needless to say I find it very dissapointing that even though I have had so little use out of the unit, as the warranty is based on time passed since purchase and not time in use, I am looking at having to pay out $1000 for repairs.

I have emailed support@eventide, but had no reply so far.

What I would really appreciate is if they would let me have the parts for repair, or at least at a discount, am I being unrealistic or naive?

Knowing what a great company Eventide is, I'm really hoping they will help me out here, so if someone on the forum could forwrd this to the right person, I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers

Sheridan
      jhyman
      Keymaster
      Eventide Staff

Hi Loki,

I have responded to you more than once via email. You have sent the unit to one of our dealers to be repaired, not us, so we cannot estimate what work needs to be done or what parts are needed. Please send the unit to our facility to be evaluated/repaired or have someone from HHB contact me at support@eventide.com to let us know what is needed.

Jerome

I'm an electronics repair guy, and the only thing I can say is, nobody is going to know what went wrong with your unit until they actually have a look at it…

loki

Hi,

I have been looking out for your emails, but none have shown up, so something weird is happening there.

This is what the guy at HHB told me:

The main pcb assembly for the H8000FW has blown regulators which in turn has

damaged the CPU.

With all due respect, I have contacted you at support@eventide , but even though I have searched my spam folder as well as my inbox, have found no reply.

Would you mind checking your responses have gone to sheridanmac@yahoo.co.uk please.

Obviously I would prefer to communicate privately, a forum is not ideal.

Cheers,

Sheridan 

jhyman
      Keymaster
      Eventide Staff

An email has beent sent to that address.

Jerome

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.