H8000FW bus error, routing storage and midi cc remote

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW bus error, routing storage and midi cc remote

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I have my H8000 FW a few weeks now and let me start by saying that it is an incredible machine. It can do effects no other device can. That 2 dsp’s on board are magic when working together (series or parallel). I have a few questions:

1. Sometimes when I am editing dsp A and I am switching to dsp B I get the following message:

“A bus error has occured (E12) 

Program: 2A00A940

Data: 2A00A940

Reboot”

After reboot everything works fine. It happened when using preset 5710 (Angelic Echoes) on dsp A and preset 733 (Your Harmony Device) on dsp B. Routing is serial so output 1&2 dsp A out to input dsp B 1&2 in. Output dsp A 1&2 go to mixer input 1&2 (and output 1&2) and dsp B go to mixer input 3&4 (and output 3&4). Both presets are edited and stored using a different name,

Is this a bug or am a doing something wrong? What does this message mean? 

2. I want to store a combination of presets dsp A and B and if I am correct I can only do this bij using routing storage. I am using the same configuration as described in 1. I get the question “Will you load the same presets?” and I choose yes. So far okay. If I want to load the routing (including the presets dsp A and B) I see a very quick message “programs can’t load”. If I go to progams dsp A I see preset 5710 on the screen but it is not loaded (I only have to press select to load). The same for dsp B. I’ve tried this with other presets and it works fine. It seems this behaviour appears when using edited presets (though I am not sure). 

Any ideas?

3. If a use a midi controller and sending midi cc for remote control I have to push the button 2 times to change the setting. For example bypass. I’ve selected dsp A in the bypass menu and use midi capture. If I press the midi control switch bypass A is on but I have to push the button 2 times to put it off and 2 times to put it on again. I have the midi cc programmed “0” is off and “127” is on. Do I need other values to make it work as expected?

OS 5.61 and I only use analog input 1&2 and analog outputs 1,2,3,4.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having problems.

1. Is this a bug or am a doing something wrong? What does this message mean?

You're not doing anything wrong. This is a catchall message meaning that something bad happened. It may result from a bug or from a hardware fault – alas I cannot tell. I cannot duplicate it. If you can find a sequence of events from powerup that causes this, I could tell you more, but this may take time.

2. I want to store a combination of presets dsp A and B and if I am correct I can only do this bij using routing storage

I'm not sure what you mean by "routing storage." From the rest of the paragraph I assume you are referring to loading and saving SETUPS, which are not the same as routings (see UM p.137). This confusion may be what is causing your problem. Again, it works fine for me (naturally).

You imply that it only happens with preset 5710, so this may be associated with the problem above. There may be issues with the two versions of 5710 (monolithic and non-monolithic), so this might be worth looking into.

3. If a use a midi controller and sending midi cc for remote control

The bypass function toggles under MIDI control. It's designed to be used as if it were driven by a switch that sends 127 (actually 64-127) when pressed, and 0 (actually 0-63) when released.

This means that if you sent it a 127, you have to send it a zero before it will recognize the next 127. Why this is, is lost in the mists of time.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I realise I haven't helped you very much here. Any more information you can give will help me decide whether it is an unknown bug or a hardware problem. At that point, I can probably be more useful.

Okay and thanks. 

1. The bus error is very unpredictable. If I find a structural behaviour I’ll let you know.

2. Yes I try to save a set up because I believe it is the only way to save a combination of program A and program B? I am not talking about monolithic programs! I’ve figured out that everything works fine if I use non edited factory programs. If I edit one of the programs (lets say A) and save and rename it and then I am using set up to save this new combination/routing (A edited, B factory preset) I get the message “program can’t be (re) loaded. Same thing happens if I edit both A and B. So my conclusion is that loading and saving set ups works fine as long as I use the factory presets for dsp A and B. If I edit just one parameter, 1 step and save and rename as userpreset the program can’t be loaded. I’ve tried to save the edited preset to card and to internal but this makes no difference. Can you try this? If needed I can sent you the sysex files of the edited presets?

3. I will try. Thanks. Do you know if this is the case for remoting the bypass or for other remotes as well? Like putting effects on/off in the rigs?

If I am not clear enough pleas tell me. English is not my native language….smiley

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.