H8000FW – Factory Only testing duration

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW – Factory Only testing duration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      VicWind
      Participant

Hi – I’ve been trying to resurrect this 8000 and keep getting the “Faulty Preset installed – Contact Factory” message.

Steps I’ve tried so far:

1. re-seated the U106 and U205 chips and cleaned things up a bit on the pads.

2. Tried to clear all using the 8 key on startup.

3. Tried sending “Mute” by holding Program on startup.

4. Tried installing 5.61 on a new Sandisk CF with a Sandisk PCMCIA sled. This was encouraging, as it got to 100% installed, then said Failed.

5. Re-started and am going through the Factory tests. Last I checked (and it’s been over 2 hours now), it was at T=1125 (not sure if that’s a test count number?).

I’m hoping that it’s reading and re-writing over all the memory blocks and that I’ll then be able to install this OS update so I can clear that error message about the Presets being newer than the OS.

My question is: how long are these tests supposed to take normally? 

Thanks very much for any help anyone can enlighten me with. I gotta get this guy working again!!

CHeers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The tests run continuously until you stop them. T= gives the number of tests performed. If E= is greater then 0, that is a failure.

Don't run any flash or CF card tests more than a few hundred times, as these parts can only accept a finite number of write cycles.

Does sound like you may have a flash memory fault.

VicWind
      Participant

Thanks, Nickrose!

I let it run for the last 12 hours so I will stop the test.

Can an NOS flash memory be purchased still?

Cheers

VicWind
      Participant

Thanks again, Nick. I’ve received an RA from Jerome, and am sending the unit in for repair. Glad it’s an option, given the rarity of those chips!

Cheers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      VicWind wrote:

Can an NOS flash memory be purchased still?

With difficulty. They're pretty obsolete.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.