Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      MicrokevH8000
      Participant

My H8000 FW keeps popping up a message on the display:

ERROR – Suggest Power-Down

host timeout 

(Any Key to Continue)

I usually have to cycle the power to get it back and running, and then it comes back after 5-10 minutes. 

Similarly, the audio starts to become really distorted after a few minutes of use. Resetting the power seems to get it  back to normal. A few minutes later the same problem swings in. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This message means that one of the dsps is overloaded. It can have a number of different causes.

It would be helpful to know whether it happens with particular presets.  It can (rarely) be caused by a hardware fault on one of the dsps, so it
      would be helpful to know the loaded presets in both dsps.

An unstable clock from an external sample rate sources can also cause this problem, so we would need to know what if ny external sources you are using. Does the problem occur when using an internal source ?

So, information, information …

MicrokevH8000
      Participant

Your response helped a lot. 

I checked the Dice driver, and it had reset my clock source to Internal. Once I re-set it to Word Clock, everything went back to normal (clock source is a MOTU 828). It must have been something where the Dice driver reverted to default when the H8000 was shut down. 

Thanks for your help!

Sharkus

I just started getting the same error last night.

I was running ADAT 44.1

DSP A – Vocal Shimmer

DSP B – Robot voice

as soon as I loaded Robot voice it started and I can't even change anything, as soon as it boots it goes right to.

ERROR – Suggest Power-Down

host timeout 

(Any Key to Continue)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This error can be caused by a bad preset. If this is the case, reboot the unit holding down the PROGRAM key at the second startup screen to load a harmless preset.

If this happens on internal sync and you are running the latest version (5.5) it will be a bug and we'd be grateful if you would tell us.

If it only happens on external sync (e.g. ADAT), it could be a bad source. Look at the sample rate indicator on the SETUP/clocks screen to see if it is stable.

Sharkus

That got it working. Thank you. It was Vocal Shimmer on A and Robot Voice on B. Not sure what version I'm running, how do I check that.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sharkus:

That got it working. Thank you. It was Vocal Shimmer on A and Robot Voice on B. Not sure what version I'm running, how do I check that.

SETUP/service/information (UM p.151)

entrainer

I got this error 3 times in a row.

I also have the "Robot Voice" loaded…

v 5.5  

Was working @ 48, which I never do, but

I was demoing a plugin that was limited for

the trial.

I'll follow some of the suggestions listed here

and in the archives.  

I just found it a strange coincidence that "Robot Voice" was

mentioned here as well… with the thousands of presets possible.

shaunp1982

Hi Nick;

Just as an FYI – ‘Robot Voice’ seems to be causing the same problem with my unit as well…

Shaun

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Needless to say, it works fine for me. If you can come up with a repeatable sequence ….

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.