H8000fw how do you connect with guitar rack?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000fw how do you connect with guitar rack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      strat rack wrote:

What is the best way to bring the outputs from XLR to 1/4" unbalanced?

Not difficult – you need a cable that connects as follows

XLR 1 to  1/4" sleeve

XLR 2 to  1/4" tip

XLR 3 to  1/4" sleeve

If you get hum, disconnect XLR 1.

You will also need to reduce the H8000 level – it is far too hot for 1/4".

strat rack

Ok awesome . I was also looking maybe to get an Alesis MultiMix 12R …then I could plug the H8000 in by the XLR and also plug other processors in by !/4″ ….it’s huge 3 U space rack . so I don’t know if that’s simply overkill.

strat rack

Hi , I have a great rack that I have a Mesa Boogie 395 Power amp , a Triaxis preamp and various others rack devices …So , before I got the Eventide H8000fw , I had , or I still have, a Rocktron Intellipitch and a Rocktron Intellifex running Off of stereo outs from the preamp , into a Rane mixer …the other stereo outs I have my dry signal !!!BLISS….

Now comes a problem …Noting that the H8000 has two processors I have basically the same option ….Except ….XLR     OUTPUTS .   The H8000 doesn’t sound great ….only good… going into my powered monitors. So, I want to incorporate it into my guitar rack . What is the best way to bring the outputs from XLR to 1/4″ unbalanced???

Seems nobody I’ve seen addresses this issue…

#1 . Do I get a chord the converts the XLR to 1/4″ ?….

#2. Is there a Hz issues low Z hi Z ? How do I best solve this?

#3 . I heard running a direct box backwards can be bad news, true?

#4 . Is there any webpage diagraming common connections for the H8000 , such as this , components used in connecting to the internet for recording , mastering , fire wire…I am new to all the digital recording , although I have a Zoom R-16 ….I’ve really only recorded with hardware.

Thanks ,

Strat Rack

strat rack

I am confused …..I’ve read the manual over and over and I still don’t get how to group presets I want to use as a USER GROUP……Although I have found that when I go to a User group and try to save a Preset …..I can only save it Numerically …if I already have saved 14 presets the new preset I am saving will only be availble to save at an (Empty) location numerically the next open number at number 15…..If I change from User Group 2 to User group 3 ….Why can’t  I start at number 1??? …even if no presets have been saved in that User group…..I noticed the directions for adding User Groups , makes no mention of saving presets ……So , while I am able to find availble space to save User Presets ….I am not able to find any Presets in a Group …..it justs lists the presets I have visited .or saved  or the next open number I can save it to . …..So I am confused , to how to Group together presets …. I was hoping to be able to organise Presets and put the ones I wanted to at the Top It seems if I start User Group 3 , as soon as I try to save a preset to it ….User Group 3 goes away and Nothing is saved to a Group , although I can save the preset to an open number HMMM????….not just a bunch of saved presets that are only organised by no group at all. And not able to even access a group  I’m Confused.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.