H8000FW ISSUE

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW ISSUE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dario

Hi, I have an issue with my H8000FW,

when I turn on the unit, after all the initial procedures and testings (everything seems to be ok) the screen display says : 

" Problems found during startup  See Setup/Info for details, Press any key to continue".

after pressing a key, the H8000 load my previous preset.

Then, when I go to SETUP —-> INFO page a problem is reported, it says :

" 1) Problem in Internal Ram bad checksum "

what can I do?

let me know,

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This means that the internal program and data storage memory has become slightly corrupted. It's probably not a problem. You should read the section titled "Fixing Internal Memory Problems" (UM p.146).

Dario

Ok, thanks for the suggestion,

I will perform the operation described on the page 146 of the UM and I'll see wht will happen..

a question:

my unit comes with the 5.3 OS, if I update it to the latest 5.6b OS could be an alternative "path" to fix the problem?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You might want to seriously consider updating to a later version, but it won't fix this particular issue.

Dario

I've performed the fixing internal memory operation, now everything seems to be ok…does this problem will appear again in the future?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it occurs frequently, it would be a sign of either too many cosmic rays, or more likely a need for a new battery.

If the battery has to be changed more than every 5 or 10 years, it would be a sign of a hardware fault.

Most likely, none of the above.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.