H8000FW LFO shape

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW LFO shape

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      AkkerE

Hi,

I use my H8000FW frequently to simulate the so called “vintage tape flanging” effect. I noticed that the LFO has the following waveforms available: [Sine, Tri, Square, Peak, Warp sine, Warp tri, Half Sine, and Half peak]. For example, preset 3918 has these LFO shapes.

However, to mimic the classic tape flanging effect, I need to have a more random kind of LFO shape, like a non cyclic one with an irregular periodic character, to create a more organic and unpredictable and random effect. 

Is there any way to drive the preset with such a “random” LFO shape, (or is there a way to create your own LFO waveform)?

Thank you.

With regards, 

Eric

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is no direct way to select a random waveform. You would have to modifiy the preset and create a random oscillator.

You could try the random output of H3000OSC as a starting point. Or, maybe mix a bit of noise in with the current LFO to make it more ragged.

Doing this would be a learning experience.

AkkerE

Hi Nick,

Using the random wave output from preset 6532 and injecting this signal into DSP 3 trigger input from preset 3918 (and changing the slew value to 10 sec. in the expert menu to lengthen the recover time) did the trick. 

Kind regards,

Eric

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should keep this to yourself, or they might offer you my job…

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

A way to create a semi-random waveform is to route a random waveform and say a sinusoid into the input of an AmpMod module. Multiplying the two functions as a gain controller thus imposing the characteristics of one signal onto the other. The noise waveform can also be used, perhaps after it gets some lowpass filtering to reduce the sharpness and after an A->C module to convert it from audio rate to control rate.

MFPhouse
      Participant

…you also use two LFO´s and Sum them . Let the User tweak the wired wink

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.