H8000FW – Macintosh?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW – Macintosh?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cineola
      Participant

Hi, I'd really appreciate some help with the following.

I'm running a Mac with OS 10.6.8 and an H8000FW with OS 5.2.

I'd like to upgrade Eventide's software but cannot find a way to get the new software I've downloaded from my Mac to the H8000FW.

FireWire doesn't seem to work properly with OS 5.2 I am told. 

So …. I purchased an RS232 9 pin male to female serial cable and a Keyspan USA-19HS Usb High-speed Serial Adapter 230kbps Pc/mac but have just been told by Eventide that the H8000FW will not work with this either.

I have also tried to find some kind of USB / PC Card adaptor that could help me get the data across but so far have come up empty handed.

Something I thought was so simple seems to be rather difficult. I'm sure there must be a simple solution to this but even Support at Eventide have advised me to ask on the forums as they didn't seem to know the answer either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You certainly do need to upgrade – a lot of work has gone into improving the firewire, especially.

USB-CF (not PC) card adaptors are widely available. Depends on where you are, of course. Amazon.com has lots of them. You will need the PCMCIA-CF adaptor that came with the unit.

We shall shortly be releasing V5.6 – not long after this a programmed card will be available from the Eventide store. Obviously this costs money, but it is a last resort.

cineola
      Participant

Hi Nick, thanks for the swift reply. I'm based in UK.

So, to be clear I should

1) Transfer V5.6 from my Mac to the Compact Flash card via the USB to Compact Flash adapter.

3) Place the Compact Flash card into a PCMCIA-CF adapter.

4) Insert into H8000FW and start the software update process.

Are there any specific types or sizes of Compact Flash that will not work with the H8000FW? And any other tips in terms of formatting the Compact Flash cards in the Mac or the Eventide?

I don't recall receiving a PCMCIA-CF adaptor with the H8000FW but I assume these ones will work  http://tinyurl.com/c2r92nf  or  http://tinyurl.com/cw5xjz4

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry about the slow reply – I've been away….

Looks like you have the process understood. I would suggest using cards 2G or below, but we haven't had reports of problems.

I'd be more inclined to recommend the Sandisk adaptor than the "generic". Seems expensive, though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.