H8000FW number of simultaneous effects

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW number of simultaneous effects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

I appreciate the H8000FW is an 8 channel effects processor, but what isn't clear is the number of independent effects available at one time. The Eclipse has 2 algorithms. If I were to put it in a dual mono config, I'd have 2 independent algorithms. The H8000 as I interpret it, although it has 8 channels, still has the same 2 algorithms at one time, correct? Or could I indeed assign a phaser to ch1+2, a pitchshifter to 3+4, a reverb to 5+6 and delay to 7+8? That would've supported the theory that each DSP engine has 2 algorithms at one time.  I suspect my impression is completely wrong or half-correct.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

H8000 has, like the Eclipse, two effects processors. But, they are a tad more powerful.

In some circumstances, called "monolithic", both processors are used for a single algorithm.

microwerx
      Participant

As Nick said, they both have two DSP processors. Each of them can run one algorithm or you can use the monolithic mode to run one algorithm using both the processors.

The main difference is the types of algorithms that you can run on each processor. You'd have to build the kind of algorithm your example mentions (a phaser to ch1+2, a pitchshifter to 3+4, a reverb to 5+6 and delay to 7+8). But it is possible to do it.

If you're wondering what you can do with an H8000, I would recommending downloading VSIG with the H8000 module definitions and see what building algorithms is like. The H8000 is like the ultimate modular effects system I've ever found. The TSR-24 from Digitech is the most similar thing that I can think of that you could build algorithms on but it doesn't hold a candle to the capacity and capability of this machine.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.