H8000fw Out 3 and 4 NON FUNCTIONNING

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000fw Out 3 and 4 NON FUNCTIONNING

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      E.M Pulinx

HI !

I received my H8000fw one month ago

My rack :Rivera out–  PDI-01 passive DI box– Eventide Eclipse–Eventide H8000 fw analog in 12– analog out 1 2 3 4 to a Roland  mixer–return to Rivera stereo loop  with 2 John Cuniberti reamps.

With set up factory #22 parallel A B,or with  a user set up ( same as set up #22 parrallel A B,but  with A- ana out 1&2  only and B- ana out 3and 4 only) ,I got always  the same results : wichever preset I recall, NO sound is coming out analog out's 3 and 4 from the rear of the machine.Those out's 3& 4 are deserved by brand new Neutrik XLR cables,as the out's 1&2 .

I changed the cables :no results. I by-passed all my rack  system with 2 external amps : amp N° 1 direct  in the H8000 via analog in 1&2 and  amp  N°2 testing one by one the 4 analog out's .The result is the same :   no sound is coming from out's 3 and 4….

I verified the levels,the set up,the outputs,whatever you can think about in the machine…those two outs # 3 and 4 seems to be dead     :-((

E-M PULINX

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Two things to try:

1) are IN 3/4 and OUT 3/4 connected when the unit is switched off ?

2) Do you get audio if you unplug the cables from IN 3/4 and OUT 3/4 and connect them to each other ?

If the answer to either of these is no, the problem is probably at your end. Otherwise, contact support@eventide.com and refer them to this post.

E.M Pulinx

ok,I'll try that.

I'm going  in the H8000fw from the  the 2 OUT's from the Eclipse in    ANA  IN 1&2   ONLY (with two cables ).

ANA  IN 3 et 4 are unconnected , BUT I take the 4 ANA out's  of the H8000 to the Line  mixer.

As ANA IN 3&4 are not connected,does that not explain why I got no signal from ANA OUT 3&4 ?

cheers

EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

ANA IN 3/4 do not have to be connected to use ANA OUT 3/4.

But, you do have to know how to use the routing (which not everybody does – it's a bit difficult). My guess is that you are not feeding the outputs properly, so are not getting a result. Apologies if I'm wrong.

For example, if you are coming in stereo (as you say), why would you expect ANA OUT 3/4 to be driven ? They might, but this would depend on the preset and routing. What preset and routing are you using (name just one of each) ?.

One way to be sure the outputs are good would be to connect your signal to ANA IN 3/4, select routing (22 Analog A || B) and program (12 Thru). If you get a signal at ANA OUT 3/4, this will tell you something.

E.M Pulinx

one exemple of preset: dspA  :black hole W/D 42%   dspB  :chorustaps W/D 25%

routings :User1

in:analog in1–IN1  ; analog in2–IN2

out:   dspa out1+dspa out1–ANA 1

dspa out 2 +dspa out 2 —ANA2

dspb out 3+ dspb out 3—ANA3

dspb out 4 +dspb out4–ANA 4

I got the same results (=no out's from 3 &4 )with factory routing 22  :parallel A B

cheers EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

That kind of explains it ….

Both those presets are 2 channel, so they have no signal on dsp out 3 or 4. So, you get nothing on ANA OUT 3 or 4.

Try routing dsp out 1/2 to ANA OUT 3/4, then you'll hear something …

E.M Pulinx

Presets with 2 channels cannot send out's to 4 channels!  OK,I forgot it !

Following your suggestion ,with ANA IN 3&4, nothing in ANA IN 1&2, routing 22 and preset 12Thru ,I got now a  dry signal  at ANA out 3&4 and no more signal at ANA OUT 1&2 .Does it tell that the out's are good ?

Now , If I take – by example – preset 823, Drunken sailor who's  4,4  : I can't obtain  either a signal from ANA OUT 3&4 with routing 22 analog A||B  ( or with my user routing ) ,  but  well from ANA OUT 1&2, and ,yet, preset 823 is 44 ?

Many many thanks for your help !

EMP

E.M Pulinx

My God !

With a preset 4,4  – like our drunken sailor 823 – , in order to hear the 4 out's  ,does it mean that you must feed the 4 inputs ??!!

If yes, as I have only  2 ANA IN (1&2), that would explain why I cannot hear any sound coming from ANA OUT 3&4 !!

EMP

E.M Pulinx

I've taken randomly several {2,4} presets 315,533,535,723,736,810,813,831,1310,1312 : except for presets #533 and 535 ,ALL of those presets are functionning on both ANA OUT 1&2 and 3&4 !!

Thus,to summarize with my  input -output configuration,ANA IN 1&2 and ANA OUT 1,2,3,4 ,I have access "entirely" only to 2,2 and 2,4 presets .

The others presets  are only partially heard !

Big Smile

EMP

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like everything is working as expected – some presets are 2 in 4 out (these are probably what you are looking for), others are 4 in 4 out – these usually require 4 inputs, but can often be used 2 in 2 out.

It all depends on knowing the presets and knowing what you are trying to do – there are well over 1000 presets, so you should have many options – for example, if you set Program/criteria to only list stereo in, quad out, it shows 191 presets at 48K.

E.M Pulinx

many many thanks for your help !

I think that for my guitar  stereo  rack,presets 2 in 4 out are useless,cause you can hear those presets coming thru the 2 Electro-voices from the Rivera TBR-1 without any difference in comparison with the same presets heard  2 in 2 out ! Quad out offers nothing more as stereo in my case,even with a different  balance of the stereo image at input 3&4 versus input 1&2 of my Line Mixer !

I don't understand why the salesman -who knows my rack – advised me to put   { H8000fw—Line Mixer}  with 4 ANA OUT's in place of  2
      cheers !
       EMP
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.