H8000FW – PCMCIA / SD Card Adapter ??

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW – PCMCIA / SD Card Adapter ??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      xmrr
      Participant

Hi!

So i finally bought an 8000 again (had one when it first came out) and my os version is 5.3

Would like to upgrade it, but for the last one i had, i had a PCMCIA card adapter + CF card + CF card read/write usb, and it worked.

Now it exists direct PCMCIA – SD cards adapters, which my computer reads directly, so less crap to connect.

Does anyone know if the H8000 would read a SD card directly from the adapter, like this one: 

Or should i go back to the old ways and get the PCMCIA/CF and the CF reader writter?

(note: the SD card is 16gb minimum, not sure if that could also be a problem?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy holidays everyone.

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

An SD adaptor will probably not work because the SD card is serial while the CF card is parallel. Presumably an adaptor might do the parallel to serial conversion, but I wouldn't want to assume this.

The 16G might be a problem also.

I would suggest an adaptor and a CF card, while they are still available.

xmrr
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

An SD adaptor will probably not work because the SD card is serial while the CF card is parallel. Presumably an adaptor might do the parallel to serial conversion, but I wouldn’t want to assume this.

The 16G might be a problem also.

I would suggest an adaptor and a CF card, while they are still available.

Yeah i was thinking something along those lines.

Do you think it would work with a 2~16gb CF card or it should be less than 2?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

2-4G should be OK – above that is pretty untested.

Ideally, use a new card and do not re-format it. Format should be FAT or FAT32, NOT exFAT or NTFS.

xmrr
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

2-4G should be OK – above that is pretty untested.

Ideally, use a new card and do not re-format it. Format should be FAT or FAT32, NOT exFAT or NTFS.

Thanks for the info, i only got the CF card, cf card adapter and reader today.

It’s a 512mb Transcend CF300 card that came fromated with FAT16, but it’s not working with the 8000.

If i copied the files for it and do the upgrade boot up on the 8000, it just says “waiting for connection” (or similar) forever

If i load the card in the 8000, it freezes.

I managed to trick it into loading it on the menu to format the card, and i did try and format the card with it but said “sorry, can’t format card, possible hardware fault”.

After this i tried re-formating in fat and do the procedure but it didn’t work, exact same behavior.

My system is 5.3 and i would really like to ugprade it but i’m kinda lost now. Any idea how could i do this?

Thanks in advance

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. Most likely there is a problem with your card or adaptor.

You should either try another set, or send them to support at eventide marked for my attention (https://www.eventideaudio.com/contact-us).

xmrr
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Sorry you are having trouble. Most likely there is a problem with your card or adaptor.

You should either try another set, or send them to support at eventide marked for my attention (https://www.eventideaudio.com/contact-us).

Nick, i got another card (Actually the Sandisk 64mb) and i managed to updated it without a hitch, but now i have another problem:

“Error – Suggeste Power-down, Host A: Timeout”

The unit was just idle, not used and it happen 3 times after i power cycle.

Firmwire version is 5.610 and preset A was 5619 (Ultra Interval 3) and B was 210 (Amp-u-lation)

It’s running analog and clock is internal at 44.1

I just changed preset A to another and waiting to see if he does the same (never saw this behavior in previous version) but i would like to know what can i do to have all the presets working?

Thanks in advance

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's never easy ..

This message means that DSP A is unreachable, probably because it crashed. This can be caused by (among others):

1) A bad preset

2) irregular external clocks (probably not in your case)

3) hardware problem

4) unit being too hot

If it happens only on one or two presets, best thing is to not use them.

xmrr
      Participant

ok, thanks. i tried another preset on A and appears to be better.

It wasn’t hot and never behaved like this, so im guessing bad preset? would re-install the software could fix this, or just create a different set of bad presets?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It is possible but unlikely that you have a bad installation.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.