H8000FW PSU noise

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW PSU noise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      HerrSteiner
      Participant

Hello,

I bought a new H8000FW and notice a higher pitched whine emitted from the corner where the power cord goes in so I guess its from the PSU. Its not in the signal path. I am in Germany and the PSU is correctly set to 220v. Is it a condenser failing or expected behavour?

Cheers,

Malte

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Guten Tag (oder Abend) Herr Steiner

There is a switching power supply located behind the power cord, but it should run at too high a frequency to be audible.

I would suggest you run with it for a while to see if it portends other issues. If it does not, and you have no bats in your family, it's probably in ordnung.

HerrSteiner
      Participant

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. Strangely that noise is not constant, it goes away after a while, but its always there when the H8000FW is freshly switched on.

I noticed that my Eventide had a identity crisis once, while starting it believed to be a H8000A according to the bitmap shown during the boot and missing Firewireoptions in the settings. A reboot settled that and Firewire was back.

Cheers,

Malte

HerrSteiner
      Participant

Hi,

still not happy with my unit, it now sometimes not only forget while booting its the H8000FW, I got Bus errors like

Bus Error occured (E12)

Program: 003440

Data: C7007C

It always can boot somehow with several rebooting but it didnt feel like a reliable device, which is problematic at this price. Plus the display starts to develop a kind of pixel smear in the upper right corner, which seems depending on the cursor position. When the cursor is on the right colum, the smear goes away, when I move to the left colum of parameters its there.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It does sound like you have some hardware problems. I would suggest that you return it to Eventide (support@eventide.com) or to your dealer.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.