H8000FW used as main audio device; monitoring during recording

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW used as main audio device; monitoring during recording

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I'm wondering to use H8000FW as main audio device (I MAC + Cubase6);

my main concern is monitoring during recording.

Is anybody using it like I would and give some suggestions.

thanks a lot

Emilio–Lucca–Italy

monads
      Participant

I would not recommend it as your "main audio device".  You need an audio interface, and preferably one with a good clock.  I clock everything off my Apogee AD-16X.  I don't use the FW in the H8000.  I've had zero problems with my H8000 in the 5yrs I've owned.  And I'm still running everything connected to my old Apple PowerMac G4!

For your setup, try looking at Apogee, Metric Halo or Motu audio interfaces.  Hope this helps.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

I use the H8000FW at work and at home as an audio interface WITH monitoring.  It's possible, but not for the faint of heart.  You have to be a master of the H8000 internal routing.  I would highly suggest downloading the routing utility from the H8000FW support page (for MAC and PC, it's free!).  You can use it to set up and save routing schemes for different recording situations.

There are easier ways to get audio in/out of a computer, but those ways usually involve spending more money on another piece of gear, so I make due….. with my *humble* H8000FW.  

Good Luck! 

-Russ

robert
      Participant

Hi Emillio,

I also use the H8000FW as my main audio device over firewire, with monitoring support. However, I also use a mixer board, so I can monitor the source if I want to, before it even enters the harmonizer. 

Anyway, have a look at this thread: http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/7445.aspx

Cheers,
      Robert 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.