H8000FW, Windows 7 64-bit, Pro Tools 9 (not HD)…how do you set up the Firewire?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW, Windows 7 64-bit, Pro Tools 9 (not HD)…how do you set up the Firewire?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      dgunnell

Has anyone gotten this combination working?  I just bought Pro Tools 9 (I "crossgraded" from Pro Tools 8 LE, MBox 2 Pro), and I'm trying to figure out how to send audio to my H8000FW via Firewire.  When I go into the "Setup I/O" in Pro Tools 9, I see "Eventide", but I don't see how to map Firewire anyplace–only analog.  It shows analog ins and outs, plus SPDIF, but I don't see Firewire.  H8000FW screen shows "FIREWIRE1 (OK)" and "FIREWIRE2 (OK)".  DICE utility shows everything working fine.  Anyone have any suggestions?  What am I missing?  To this point I have only used the H8000FW in my live (analog) rig, but I need to mix some live recordings down in Pro Tools 9, and I'm hoping to try Firewire for inserts and send/returns this time…

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Dave

ameyrairikar

In the Setup Menu , you should see an option for playback engine. Select Eventide as your playback engine.The stereo channels listed as analog you see are your outputs from Firewire interface. However, you might want to route the signal through the H8000 FW according to your requirements using Routing Utility.

Since you are using both the fire wire ports , You should be able to see all 16  channels in your I/O section in Protools.Hope this helps.

dgunnell

Here's where I'm at:

I have my H8000FW in "FireWire 8 Track AB" routing mode.  Basically FireWire in, FireWire out, using both processors.

I can get audio into my H8000FW via Firewire.  Using the Pro Tools 9 setup dialog, I can map audio into any of the 8 Inputs of the H8000FW.  This seems to be working fine.

If I change the H8000FW meters to monitor the output, I can see audio on the outputs of the unit.  I also get audio on the [always connected] analog XLR outputs.  So it seems to me I should have audio returning to the computer via the FireWire connection.

Unfortunately, I cannot get audio out of my H8000FW, via FireWire, back into Pro Tools 9.  I've played around with the Pro Tools 'mapping' screen, tried every return path listed, but nothing makes it back into Pro Tools.

Is there anyone else out there using Pro Tools 9 and the H8000FW?  Also, is there a simple utility I can use to test FireWire in and out of my H8000FW with my computer?

Dave

ameyrairikar

Hi

If you have a mac, then you can simply follow the instructions in the manual under the subsection FW interface ' "configuring the H8000 FW for Mac Output" .These steps will get you started on testing in/out audio through your h8000FW and computer.

In Windows (win7) , go to sound settings. Once you have your h8000 installed correctly using the proper drivers and all, you should be able to see H8000 or eventide Dice as a sound device in the window. You can use this to set your h8000 device as a sound interface to your computer and then test the in and outs using sample audio. You will need to route the signals as per your configuration to ensure that you can test properly.

Sincerely

Amey Rairikar

dgunnell

One additional question–I am running Win7 64-bit.  That combination is supported by your latest drivers–correct?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Correct. But be sure you have the latest (see Web Site).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.