H800FW: “New OS detected, return to factory default ?”

Home Forums Products Rackmount H800FW: “New OS detected, return to factory default ?”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      unguitar
      Participant

Hi,

today I got this message on my H, which is updated to the latest OS ( since it was announced on your website)..

Before this message I have also been seeing messages advising the program I am loading is more recent than the OS ia m using ( don't remember the real message, but this is its sense).

What does it mean ?

Also, any plan to fix what was noted here ?

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/6445.aspx

Thank you,

Luca

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Luca

Luca:

today I got this message on my H

what message ?

The MIDI problem in the other post should be fixed in the full release. Do you find it not to be ?

unguitar
      Participant

the message was in the header of the message, which is the title of this thread.

I am afraid I am losing the orientation in the 5.5 releases ( there were 2 beta and the one beta that became not a beta…).

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – I missed it. 

Seems pretty clear to me – you should normally answer yes.

If in doubt, download the current 5.5 release from the Web Site – this is the full (non-beta) release. There was some transient confusion when the drivers were left with beta labels, but this has now been fixed.

unguitar
      Participant

Dear Nick,

I have downloaded and installed the latest 5.5 ( by the way, on my machine the pc to serial cable doesn't look to work as the .exe doesn't execute itself) through card.

All the procedure went fine.

At the end I answered "yes" to the "return to factory defaults" page, then switched it off, switch on again, loaded my setups and routings, switched off again.

At this point, once again I got the message of the title.

I answered "no" as I wanted to check if all was fine.

Remote works fine now.

I checked about a problem there was in all previous releases since 5.5: preset 2120. This is still screwed up.

Is there a way I can check the actual Os release it's on the machine now.

I see that all the confusion about releases' names can be a little tricky.

Thanks,

Luca

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Luca:

machine the pc to serial cable doesn't look to work

This update can only be done with the card.

Luca:

Remote works fine now.

Good !

Luca:

Is there a way I can check the actual Os release it's on the machine now.

Under setup/service/info …

unguitar
      Participant

So:

you should probably advise that 5.5 update is possible just with the card. On the current instructions it is written you can choose between card and serial cable.

Also, given that we cannot trust the 5.5 revision name, how do we know we have the correct 5.5 installed ?

probably the OS' date you can read under setup/service/info ?

which is the correct date we should find there ?

thanks,

Luca

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry Luca – the download page says "This release is only available in Compact Flash format.." Pretty clear, I would think.

You certainly can trust the 5.5 revision name (apart from a few days confusion over the FireWire drivers). All previous (beta) versions were labelled 5.5B1 or 5.5B2. This can be found, as you say, under setup/service/info.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.