H9 another Midi CC question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 another Midi CC question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ekg
      Participant

Hi there,

I got my H9 recently and it is integrated in a ableton Live setup as a kind of external FX.

What I want to do: Map a rotary controller to the 10 CC’s and have visual feedback on the Control app. I use a M4L device CC Mapper. It works quite well so far. But I can’t get the H9 to send CC’s. I use the Transmit setting and changed parameters via the app, but also on the H9 itself with the big wheel. There is no midi data sent.

I changed the setting to Merge and I get changes, when changing from ableton. So my midi setup is working, but no Midi data is generated from the H9 itself. 

Any thoughts? I think I read a post that changing parameters on the app don’t result in CC being sent. that is a kind of a bummer.

Please help.

Best, S

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You don't give much information on how you are connected.

Note that if the USB is connected to the H9 (i.e. from Ableton) the DIN MIDI connections are disabled.

The UM says "H9 automatically selects either USB or DIN5 as MIDI Inputs and Outputs. If USB is connected, DIN5 MIDI activity (including MIDI thru) is ignored."

ekg
      Participant

Hi Nick,

thanks for the reply. Well, I know about that USB is deactivating the Midi out. there is nothing plugged in. only via the DIN plugz. 

The midi connection itself is working, on merge or midi through I recieve signals.

It is connected to a midi interface, no other units connected to the same port.

As I tried to point out, if I turn the wheel on the H9 on one of the three parameters nothing is sent out, regardless of the setting (Merge, transmit, through etc…..)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I guess that would have been too easy ..

Next thing is to re-initialize the unit and set it up again. Tedious.

Make sure the following are set correctly:

[XMT CH]

[XMT CC] [KB0]…[KB9]

[CTL.XMT]

[OUTPUT]

camn
      Participant

Isnt there an Ableton Plug In kicking around?

I haven’t used it but maybe it would help

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I passed on the lack of support for [CTL.XMT] to our H9control team.

camn
      Participant

ha ha welcome to my life circa 2016

ekg
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

Make sure the following are set correctly:

[XMT CH]

[XMT CC] [KB0]…[KB9]

[CTL.XMT]

[OUTPUT]

Hi Nick,

yes that did the trick. [CTL.XMT] was set to off. I thought ALL possible settings are accessible from within the control app. 

I also read that the H9 does NOT send any CCs when changed via the control app nor if a preset is changed. Are there any plans to do in the future?

In my setup (integrated in Ableton Live, a rotary controller assigned to the CCs and the control app as a visual representation) it would be a MAJOR improvement if that is possible in some point in the future.

Best, S

ekg
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

I passed on the lack of support for [CTL.XMT] to our H9control team.

Thanks Nick,

will it be possible at some in the future that the H9 sends out the CCs when changed via the Controlapp and when changing presets? That would be freakn’ wonderful heavenly wonderful.

Best, S

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      ekg wrote:

will it be possible at some in the future that the H9 sends out the CCs when changed via the Controlapp and when changing presets? That would be freakn' wonderful heavenly wonderful.

H9 can currently send out MIDI CCs when you change presets on the pedal

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      ekg wrote:

will it be possible at some in the future that the H9 sends out the CCs when changed via the Controlapp and when changing presets? That would be freakn' wonderful heavenly wonderful.

My last post was not accurate. I meant to say "H9 can currently send out MIDI CCs when you change presets with Aux Switches". On the pedal, it can be programmed to send only PC (not CC) when a program is loaded on the pedal or via MIDI.

ekg
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

ekg wrote:

will it be possible at some in the future that the H9 sends out the CCs when changed via the Controlapp and when changing presets? That would be freakn’ wonderful heavenly wonderful.

My last post was not accurate. I meant to say “H9 can currently send out MIDI CCs when you change presets with Aux Switches”. On the pedal, it can be programmed to send only PC (not CC) when a program is loaded on the pedal or via MIDI.

Thank you bohan,

well, I found a setting option [XMT.PC] , but when enabled and I change presets nothing is sent out.

I only found documentation in the release notes: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/release-notes-v5851

Maybe I should explain a liitle bit what I wanna do: I have a CC Max4Live unit in ableton and bound to CC 21-30, those are mapped to a rotary controller. I use an old phone to display the Control app. 

now I want to control the parameters with the real-knob controller, that works perfectly fine!

What does not work yet: when I switch to a preset the knobs in ableton do not know how they are in the pedal. so if I turn a knob then, parameters jump. It would be great that if a preset is changed, the pedal sends out the actual vlaues of the CCs and my rotary controllers would reflect the changes and I could take it seamlessly from there.

Also great would be if a change from the control app would be sent out as cc’s as well…..

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.