H9 CORE – IOS/Android issues

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 CORE – IOS/Android issues

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      sejohn28

Just purchased a new h9 core last week. Everything from the software to my purchasing methods are up to date. I was able to use the coupon to download a new algorithm. That worked just fine. Now I am unable to purchase any algorithm. I get “purchased failed , generic error” “transaction declined” any ideas?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Are you using iOS or Android, or Desktop version with PayPal?

If you'd like to max out your H9, now is the best time because we are offering a discount. And after maxing out your H9, you can also claim H9 series plug-in bundle for free.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/store/upgrade-h9

https://www.eventideaudio.com/store/free-h9-plugin-series-bundle

sejohn28

Not looking to max out. Its all new to me. One step at a time before I dive all in with this. Just looking to purchase an algorithm. I use Google play with NO paypal

Drac
      Participant

I have the same problem.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Have you guys logged in your Google Play on your Android devices? If you could send me some screenshots of that error window, that would be helpful

It's also worth trying the desktop version of H9 Control and using PayPal to purchase algorithms.

sejohn28

File is too big to post. Do you have a direct email?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

You may upload to Google Drive or DropBox and share the link here. Thanks!

Drac
      Participant
      Yes, I logged in my Google Play on my Android device.

Some time ago I bought a Diatonic algorithm. There were no problems.

I can’t make screenshot. A message is displayed that immediately disappear.

I need to set up a paypal account.

Drac
      Participant

Paypal payment works without any problem. Unfortunately, instead of the Sculpt algorithm I bought a Resonator 🙁 Is it possible to change?

sejohn28

Sorry, not familiar with that. Not a tech savvy guy if you can’t tell. They are boxes that pop up that read “purchase failed, your purchase cannot be made. And then the next box says “error, transaction was declined”

sejohn28

Hope this works

dviterig

Some problem here!
      Do we know when is the problem going to be fixed? Christmas is coming 🙂

-David

Malikak94
      Participant

Same issue, transaction declined. When can we get a fix? Quite misleading to have the Google Play option when its not working.

mateusalves
      Participant

I’m having the same problem – thing is, I have some credit on Google Play that I’d like to use to purchase new algos, but with this issue, can’t get it done 🙁

jonleebrown
      Participant

I have the same problem, I specifically bought a Google Play card for this — so I can’t simply use Paypal–my money is locked up in the Google.

Just saying, there’s money for you id this gets fixed.

jonleebrown
      Participant

Still doesn’t work.

Any update?

Thanks!

jonleebrown
      Participant

How about now?

This is fairly frustrating as I specifically bought Google Play credit to pay for algorithms in the app–and there’s nothing else of value in Google Play.

Is there a contact at google we should be hitting up to help add some pressure here?

Thanks!

jonleebrown
      Participant

The Eventide support folks have been great and really helpful in this issue.

I wanted to share a bit of a convo I had with Google in the hope that it will help Eventide get to root cause on this.

Google: I see that you’re unable to make in-app purchases.

Me: Right, the process fails right at the end, but the only info is something like “A generic error occurred”

Google: I’m happy to help you.

I check the failed transactions and it seems to be a problem on the app itself.

Your account has no issues at all same as your form of payment.

Me: Is there something specific we can inform Eventide about?

Google: I’m afraid I can’t disclose the reason due to privacy reasons but all I can say is that the app developers should get in touch with us to fix the issue.

Me: is there a way for them to contact you and get a specific record of the issue? I dont need to be involved, just want them to get actionable information

Google: Yes, there is. For sure all customers are experiencing the same issue when trying to purchase an item from their app.

As soon as they notice the issue and contact us, then we’ll be able to help them fix it.

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to contact them, Jonathan. It has to be them who’ll contact us.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Thank you, Jonathan. That's the same conversation we've had with Google in the last 4 months and they still haven't told or helped us figure out what's wrong with our payments account. So the results are people cannot make purchases and we have money frozen in the account that we cannot withdraw. I'm sorry about that.

If more people have issues with purchases on Android, please just email support@eventide.com. There will be an update coming soon to the app where there won't be an in-app store page.

oersted81
      Participant

Hi any update on this? I’m still not able to purchase algo via android app.  “Generic error…”

goheist1
      Participant

Not receiving account verification email to confirm.  Tried 2 of my addresses.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Drac wrote:

Paypal payment works without any problem. Unfortunately, instead of the Sculpt algorithm I bought a Resonator 🙁 Is it possible to change?

Yes. I've swapped those 2 algorithms for you.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      sejohn28 wrote:
      Hope this works

Thank you. I believe something is wrong with our Google Play portal. You may use the desktop version of H9 Control and purchase via PayPal for now, or wait until we fix it. I'll let you know when we fix it. Sorry about the problem. Thanks!

Drac
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Drac wrote:

Yes. I’ve swapped those 2 algorithms for you.

Thank You so much for help.

Greetings

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      dviterig wrote:
      Some problem here! Do we know when is the problem going to be fixed? Christmas is coming 🙂 -David

We're still working on it. Cannot guarantee when this will be fixed because we have not heard back from Google about what's wrong with our account.

Meanwhile, we recommend users upgrade their H9 here https://www.eventideaudio.com/store/upgrade-h9 so to claim the free the plug-in bundle at https://www.eventideaudio.com/store/free-h9-plugin-series-bundle

If users want to buy individual algorithms instead of maxing the unit out, this can be in H9 Control on a PC/Mac via PayPal, or an iOS device via iTunes.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Malikak94 wrote:

Same issue, transaction declined. When can we get a fix? Quite misleading to have the Google Play option when its not working.

We' have been speaking with Google for days, and trying to figure out what went wrong. They haven't told us what the problem is. We'd like to fix it ASAP but without their help we don't know what we can do now. We'll keep you notified once we fix it.

jonleebrown
      Participant
      mateusalves wrote:

I’m having the same problem – thing is, I have some credit on Google Play that I’d like to use to purchase new algos, but with this issue, can’t get it done 🙁

Same here. Can’t just go use Paypal.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      jonleebrown wrote:

I have the same problem, I specifically bought a Google Play card for this — so I can't simply use Paypal–my money is locked up in the Google.

Just saying, there's money for you if this gets fixed.

We're still working on this. Google's support has not been helpful. We have money frozen in our Google account too and cannot receive the payouts.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      jonleebrown wrote:

How about now?

This is fairly frustrating as I specifically bought Google Play credit to pay for algorithms in the app–and there's nothing else of value in Google Play.

Is there a contact at google we should be hitting up to help add some pressure here?

Thanks!

Sorry we still have payments issue with Google. But please email support@eventide.com. We will help you sort it out.

jonleebrown
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Thank you, Jonathan. That’s the same conversation we’ve had with Google in the last 4 months and they still haven’t told or helped us figure out what’s wrong with our payments account. So the results are people cannot make purchases and we have money frozen in the account that we cannot withdraw. I’m sorry about that.

If more people have issues with purchases on Android, please just email support@eventide.com. There will be an update coming soon to the app where there won’t be an in-app store page.

No worries from me, you all have been great helping me out in this case.

It’s baffling and disappointing that Google cant tell you what’s going wrong there.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      oersted81 wrote:

Hi any update on this? I'm still not able to purchase algo via android app.  "Generic error…"

Hi, we are beta testing H9 Control 4.0, in which we removed the in-app store. The algorithm purchase is disabled on Android. You can join it here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-control-40-now-beta-testing

We offer a special Max Out Upgrade promotion indefinitely for the foreseeable future. Any purchased algorithms will count toward the upgrade. Visit the H9 Max Out Upgrade Page to verify your discounted upgrade price: https://www.eventideaudio.com/store/upgrade-h9

If you'd like to purchase individual algorithms, you can do it with H9 Control desktop (PC or Mac) via PayPal currently. (We will remove the store screen from desktop versions too when we release the new version).

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.