Home Forums Products Rackmount H9 CrushStation Saturation with an Orville

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      realpancake
      Participant

Hi,

I have had my orville for around 5 years. I just managed to update it to v3.002 on Mac with some advice from Italo.

I’m currently using a lot of Harmonics / Saturation processors ITB & noticed that the H9 offeres a new “CrushStation”. I would like to know if the sounds & algos used on the H9 are possible to recreate with an Orville?

I havent yet dug into vSigX but I have (I believe) a working version & a working Serial – USB adapter. I’m just searching for a decent learning recource for it before I dig in “blind”.

I know there are some great distortion options on v3.002 and I could alternatively use gain staging to soft clip on input to the Oriville or even from the orville into my interface but i’m looking for a little bit more flexibility here so if anyone knows or can help me then I’d really appreciate it.

Also would clipping the converters produce a richer / clearer sound than an algo could produce?

Thanks,

Jackson

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can probably re-create similar sounds on Orville but will need considerable skill – our algorithm developers are very experienced DSP engineers. Good luck !

Clipping the A/D will probably give an unpleasant sound, but some people might like it. Try it and see !

realpancake
      Participant

Thanks Nick,

Is there anyone that could help point me down a useful path with this that you could maybe put me in touch with? – I’d really like to build a waveshpaer, saturation & soft clip if it’s possible..

J

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        realpancake wrote:

Is there anyone that could help point me down a useful path with this that you could maybe put me in touch with? – I'd really like to build a waveshpaer, saturation & soft clip if it's possible..

It's too big a subject to cover on the Forums. I would suggest that you find the Orville effect that is nearest to what you want, and try modifying it. to send it in the right direction.

realpancake
      Participant

Oh and as a side note, you were pretty much spot on – clipping the A/D sounds as expected – unpleasant!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.