H9 “Echo Etude” swell simulation

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 “Echo Etude” swell simulation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mterebey

Hello,

I’ve been trying to replicate the effect Yngwie gets with his volume knob on “Echo Etude” without actually using my volume knob. The volume knob on my guitar isn’t located in a spot where I can reach it to do the effect. I can get the actual echoes for the song from another delay pedal, so all that I need from the H9 is a short swell that I can wet/dry (or otherwise deactivate) using the expression pedal. 

I thought that UltraTap would be the algorithm most likely able to produce the effect, but no amount of knob twiddling on my part has done the trick. I’ve got to admit I’m well over my head when it comes to messing with parameters. I might be able to get some cool sounds once in awhile, but it’s more or less purely by chance. This specific sound has eluded me (as has anything ‘close enough’). 

I’m not averse to purchasing a new algorithm for my H9 should it be able to achieve this effect. 

Any help?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      mterebey wrote:

I've been trying to replicate the effect Yngwie gets with his volume knob on "Echo Etude" without actually using my volume knob. The volume knob on my guitar isn't located in a spot where I can reach it to do the effect. I can get the actual echoes for the song from another delay pedal, so all that I need from the H9 is a short swell that I can wet/dry (or otherwise deactivate) using the expression pedal. 

I thought that UltraTap would be the algorithm most likely able to produce the effect, but no amount of knob twiddling on my part has done the trick. I've got to admit I'm well over my head when it comes to messing with parameters. I might be able to get some cool sounds once in awhile, but it's more or less purely by chance. This specific sound has eluded me (as has anything 'close enough'). 

Have you tried using the expression pedal to control the input volume?

camn
      Participant

brock
      Participant

I love the ‘bow scrape’ effects that you can pull out of the UltraTap algorithm.  But my first thought (for cleaner Slow Gear or EHX Attack Decay-type FX) was the DynaVerb algorithm.  Eliminate the reverb component, and use the versatile Omnipressor section alone.

mterebey

I did try the expression pedal on input volume thing, but my foot doesn’t have the speed or control to get a reliable swell effect at the speed needed.

Many thanks for the settings posted. I can’t wait to try them out!

I’ll take any excuse for a new algorithm purchase also. I’ll try DynaVerb if the Ultratap preset above doesn’t sound right. Not that I’m picky. Since there’s no way for me to sound like Yngwie (ha ha), I might as well sound like myself.

brock
      Participant

If you end up going the DynaVerb route, this might get you started.  You may have to adjust the ATTACK & RELEASE times, but the base preset should put you in the ballpark.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/24345#comment-24345

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/presets/brock/slow-gear-envgen

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.