H9 for live gigs – Can I use H9000 presets?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9 for live gigs – Can I use H9000 presets?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

I need a portable solution for relatively simpler algos with the equivalent of a single FX chain. I was thinking about getting an H9 as I am reluctant to bring by H9000 to gigs since part of a heavy, albeit wheel mounted rack.

I see that there are 3 versions of the H9, so question simply is whether there is any compatibility in both directions? Someone mentioned before that any H9 preset on the preset user board here can, or would ultimately work on the H9000. But my question is reversed. Is there a way to take a single H9000 algo and somehow load it on the H9?

Worst case, I guess I guess the H9 Max instead of the Core but curious to see if the Core can suffice in case the above might work?  

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

The H9 Max has a total of 52 algorithms, all of which you’ll find on the H9000. However, it is not possible to load any of the other 1,350 or so algorithms that are in the H9000 into an H9. If you utilize H9 algorithms within the H9000 to produce your music, then it is possible to recreate this FX Chain with multiple H9’s; of course, an H9 can only reproduce one algorithm at a time, so it means having as many H9’s as you have algorithms in the chain. Also, you must consider if your effects are running in parallel in your H9000, which means you would have to find a mixer (or pedal switcher with these capabilities) to route the H9’s in a similar manner.

Note: You can get an H9 Max and three H9 Cores, and you’ll be able to convert those Core units into Max’s by registering them to the same account. This will allow you to run 4 algorithms simultaneously like you would on an H9000.

J20056
      Participant

Thanks.

I was solving for a much less ambitious approach with just one H9 and simplified algos/chains, whatever a H9 can handle. What I was trying to understand is whether the difference between the entry level H9 and the top of the line have the same hardware and only differ by the software (algos) loaded on them. If this is true, I was further trying to figure out if I could share some H9000 algos that would work on the base H9 (if any) to “upgrade” it.

I guess I’m being cheap here 🙂

J20056
      Participant

I should have done the research before posting. Looks like the H9 max is clearly the way to go. I’ll probably get one of those soon. Thanks for explaining the chaining capability in case I ever attempt to do more complex setup

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

All of the H9’s cannot accept any outside algos that are not part of the H9 series.

– H9 Core model comes with one algo
      – H9 Standard comes with 9 built-in algos
      You can buy additional algorithms for each for $20 via the H9 Control store, but this feature is going away March 31st.

– H9 Max has the whole collection of 52.

***H9 Core and H9 are being discontinued March 31st. Eventide will only make the H9 Max from that point on.***

J20056
      Participant

Does that mean that the Max Out program will disappear? I was thinking about getting a H9 Core then buy presets as I only need a few for live but keeping the option to have a H9 max via the Max Out program if I buy enough presets.

J20056
      Participant

Joe,

on your point:

Note: You can get an H9 Max and three H9 Cores, and you’ll be able to convert those Core units into Max’s by registering them to the same account. This will allow you to run 4 algorithms simultaneously like you would on an H9000.”

Do you mean to say that 1 Max + 3 Core would equate ONE H9000 FX Chain? I think that’s what it means but wanted to confirm. 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Max out program will continue indefinitely.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I want to be extra clear – H9 is limited to H9 series algorithms. It cannot use algorithms found in H9000 that are not from the H9.

J20056
      Participant

Understood and thanks for clarifying. I’m going to buy the simple H9 for live gigs and rely on the MaxOut program to cap my algo cost through time.

The other thing I like is that it has that slider at the bottom of the software display (I looked at the demo) and the slider maps into the controls so it can be useful to create similar mappings on my H9000 with an expression pedal as there are otherwise so many combinations. So this is a good learning tool for the H9 algos that I use on the H9000 and build usable expression pedal mappings. This is going to be so much fun!

Come to think of it, it would be great if the H9000 could have a standard expression mapping config into Expression pedal 1 that would mimic the cool slider presets from the H9. 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:
      Do you mean to say that 1 Max + 3 Core would equate ONE H9000 FX Chain? I think that’s what it means but wanted to confirm.

Yes, that is correct.

An H9 can only use ONE algorithm at a time. An H9000 has four FX Chains and each Chain can contain 4 algorithms.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:
      Come to think of it, it would be great if the H9000 could have a standard expression mapping config into Expression pedal 1 that would mimic the cool slider presets from the H9.

It's very simple to do. Check out this video: https://youtu.be/GGuwN16tlB4

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.