- This topic is empty.
May 29, 2017 at 2:12 am #114200
My H9 Max may have “everything” but recently when I turn it on, it offers to install a new algorithm: “PitchFuzz”.
About 5 times now I’ve OK’ed the download, and then left the unit alone, but powered up and connected, for hours — but it does not seem to work.
I have never seen what it looks like when an algorithm is successfully download, thus these newbie questions:
1. Has anyone else successfully downloaded PitchFuzz?
2. I’ve looked at my algorithms and can’t find it. Would it be showing up as its own icon in the Pitch family of algos?
3. What does a successful or unsucessful download look like on your H9? How long does one algorithm usually take (I have high speed cable Internet). Do you get a successful completion message? What lights blink on the H9? If it fails, do you get any message? I am getting nothing no matter what.
4. What would you experienced users try next?
May 30, 2017 at 6:19 am #146538camnParticipant
2. in the H9 control app, it’s in the “H9” column, at the end. Not the “PitchFactor” column.
3.. errr i forget.
4. probably a reset and reinstall. That sounds annoying.
May 30, 2017 at 2:37 pm #146539gkellumParticipant
I'm not sure I'm correctly understanding the description of the problem you're having installing the latest software release. It's a little bit ambiguous. We have a few help videos showing how to update to the latest release. Please take a look at them and let us know if you're still having trouble.
May 30, 2017 at 9:39 pm #146542
Thanks all for the useful advice.
My H9 Control app indicates that my H9 Max has version H9_5.4.1 and it indicates that is “up to date.” Nevertheless, I have reinstalled this a couple of times now.
On the algorithms page in the “H9” column I have UltraTap, Resonator, EQ Compressor, CrushStation, SpaceTime and Sculpt. No PitchFuzz.
In the control app, I tried going to Pedal, Reset Settings. The app indicated that it would erase various things including my registration and MIDI settings. I had to reregister my device afterwards, but all of the MIDI settings stayed, specifically the MIDI program change map, which was working great and now does not seem to.
I don’t need PitchFuzz but this pedal is useless without MIDI. Sorry to shift topic, but I expect a deeper reset may fix all the problems. I will give up, for now, on trying to download PitchFuzz and make another post about how MIDI program change mapping used to work for me, but does not now.
May 30, 2017 at 9:55 pm #146543gkellumParticipantBull Earwig wrote:
My H9 Control app indicates that my H9 Max has version H9_5.4.1 and it indicates that is "up to date." Nevertheless, I have reinstalled this a couple of times now.
On the algorithms page in the "H9" column I have UltraTap, Resonator, EQ Compressor, CrushStation, SpaceTime and Sculpt. No PitchFuzz.
Ok, it sounds like you just need to download and install the latest version of H9 Control, b/c that needs to be updated as well. You can do that here:
By the way are you on Mac or Windows, and what version of the OS do you have installed? The app should tell you that it needs to be updated. I don't understand why it's not telling you that…
May 31, 2017 at 12:15 am #146545
I have an iPad. Went to the App Store and it indicated an update was available. After updaing, PitchFuzz appeared.
That problem solved, thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.