H90 Stereo Processing

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Stereo Processing

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by joecozzi
    Eventide Staff
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      crjohnston77
      Participant

I’m having an issue where the H() is not maintaining a stereo image from preset A to B in series.

I’m running the H90 in Dual Routing Pre/Post mode, with a guitar preamp/cab sim, into a stereo pair of mixer line inputs.  Input/Outputs are as follows:

In 1 – Guitar

In 3 – Preamp Out

Out 1 –  Preamp In

Out 3/4 – Mixer Stereo Line In

When running this way, with Preset A in series with preset B on Path 2, preset B is only taking the left side information from preset A, and collapsing it to mono before processing it.

I have noticed that if I run a stereo output from my preamp to In 3 and 4, that the problem goes away; the stereo information is retained.  This is a problem, as not all of my preamps have stereo pairs of outputs.  I should be able to send a mono signal into path 2, have A split to stereo, and have B process that stereo information in series.

Please let me know if there is any other info I can provide, or if I am simply in error.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

What version of the H90 Software are you running? Go into System settings > Global > About

crjohnston77
        Participant

I will update to 1.4.3, and see it is resolved.  Thanks Joe!

jlane0710
      Participant

https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/topic/dual-mode-mono-pre-stereo-post-question/

This sounds similar to the issue I reported at the end of the thread above.  See the last two posts in the thread.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Software 1.4.3 fixed this issue. Are you still having problems?

crjohnston77
        Participant

I don’t see where 1.4.3 is available.  1.3.0 is listed as the most recent available download.

jlane0710
        Participant

I can’t check this now, but if you connect to the H90 pedal with the H90 control app, it will probably ask if you want to update.

jlane0710
      Participant

I didn’t realize there was an update.  The sticky thread still says 1.3.0.  I will update and check it out when I get a chance.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I jumped the gun. The bad news is the update is not available yet. The good news is the fix is coming in the next update which should be out very soon, probably first week of May. It will bring along with it the new algorithm announced at NAMM.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.