H90 update weirdness

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 update weirdness

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      headfirstonly
      Participant

Hi all –

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this weirdness?  I updated my H90 to version 1.8.5 yesterday. This morning I was only getting output from the left-hand channel. The reference to “force mono” in the firmware release notes made me think I’d inadvertently changed something in the H90 control software, but even after updating to version 1.7.9 of H90 Control the location the notes mention for it (the System | Input/Output tab) does not show an “output mode” option.

Rolling back the H90 to the previous firmware restored full stereo functionality; I upgraded the firmware again and everything works as expected.  Maybe it was just sunspots…

Oh, and “Aggravate” is fun, but “Sticky Tape” is absolutely awesome!  Thanks for the new toys, folks!

Chris

p_murch
      Participant

Hi yeah I have this issue too, except I can only get output on channel 2 (R) and not channel 1 (L). I rolled back the firmware to the previous version and all was working again as before. I tried updating again but still the same problem. I think I did this a total of 3 times before giving up. If you got it working eventually maybe I should just keep trying until it works for me.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Force Mono currently needs to be turned on/off using the pedal UI, it’s not an option in H90 Control. Press the Programs and Routing buttons together to get into the system settings, then choose I/O, and scroll using the Select Knob until you find the “Output Mode” option. This should be “auto” by default, and updating to the latest release should not affect your H90’s outputs.

Could you please provide some more information about your setup?

What I/O are you using on the H90?

Are you using inserts?

Does the issue with only 1 channel outputting audio persist with all Programs?

p_murch
      Participant

I can’t speak for @headfirstonly but in my case after I updated I couldn’t hear anything in my pedal chain, no inserts and output mode was Auto.

First thing I did was change the program to something else, then I checked my patch cables. after that I rolled back to previous firmware and everything was working again. Updated again and the problem presented itself again.

I thought there might be someone else had a similar issue and, sure enough, I found this post. I tried different combinations of inputs/outputs and both inputs seem to work, just output 1 doesn’t work for me with the new update but it does with the previous version/s.

brockstar
        Participant

I couldn’t get no sound out of one of my H90’s after updating, so I did a H90 reset and it worked for me! Just make sure you create a backup if needed by going into H90 control and the top left thing with 3 lines in series, click that and click back up device.

“Press and hold all three Quick Knobs [3 knobs below screen] while inserting the power cable until the text “Performing factory
        reset” appears on the H90’s screen”

 Warning
        A Factory Reset will erase all User Lists, Programs, and Presets. This will also reset the System and
        Tempo settings. This will not downgrade the H90’s software.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

There are some other troubleshooting steps that we can try before a factory reset would be necessary. Anyone experiencing issues similar to this can please email support@eventide.com and we can help you further there.

JohannesSilberer
      Participant

Hi, I have this issue since I updated to firmware 1.8.5. yesterday. I can only get output on output 2 and not on output 1 as before. I use the H90 in Mono the effects loop of my Guitar Amp and I dind’t change Connections (Send Amp to Input 1 H90 and Output 1 H90 to Return Amp). I changed all the Cables and tried another Amp, but the problem is still there.

Jakeizh
      Participant

I’m experiencing a similar problem to JohannesSilvere.

After the upgrade to version 1.8.5, only “Output 2” works. And it’s all the more annoying for me because my entire installation is stereo.

While waiting for the problem to be resolved soon, I reverted to version 1.7.5.

I suggested to  Enventide support to add a “Stereo Force” option to the “Output mode”.

Jakeizh
      Participant

In addition to my previous message:

I noticed that just after the upgrade to 1.8.5, the sound comes correctly out on both Outputs 1 and 2.

But as soon as the H90 is restarted (after being electrically turned off), only Output 2 works .

Thank you in advance for resolving the problem !

JohannesSilberer
      Participant

In addition to my previous post: For me it is as described by Jakeizh.

Just after the upgrade to firmware 1.8.5, the sound came out on Output 1.

But after the H90 was restarted, only Output 2 worked.

dfennessey
      Participant

I confirmed today that version 1.8.5 has a bug with stereo output shutting off. I installed the update a couple days ago….seemed to work fine. Powered up the H90 yesterday and only one output, output 1, was working…nothing on output 2…tried a number of things to fix it, nothing worked. I just rolled back to 1.7.5.29 today….everything works fine again. I logged the problem with Jerome in support….they are on it. Getting tired of these SW guys mucking things up…I have a Helix Rack unit that I went through this with last month…the latest update bricked my Helix…I was able to rollback to the previous version thank God…not always possible with a Helix….becoming very wary about updates…I think I will just wait and read the forums for a while before I upgrade going forward.

dfennessey
      Participant

Ooops…I meant audio on Output 2 only, no audio on Output 1.

cscotto
      Participant

Add me to the list. Initially updated to 1.8.5, and had not output. Reverted to 1.7.6, everything worked fine. Updated to 1.8.5 again, and this time it work. I had sound. Restarted the H90 today, and I only have signal on output 2. Output 1 has not signal. I am going to revert to 1.7.5 until Eventide figures this out.

brockstar
      Participant

Yeah it’s hit and miss for me still. 2 of my 3 machines is going back and forth from working ok with the new firmware to not having audio, but works once i reboot the machine usually.

However I emailed eventide my log files so they can look and see what is going on.

Everyone with this issue should do the same. The more info they have, the faster they can get the issue fixed!

Email them with your issue at support@eventide.com and they’ll tell you how to send the files they need!

Jakeizh
      Participant

Eventide support offered to test a corrective version.

The problem is perfectly solved.

What responsiveness from the developer team!

The H90 is truly a wonderful machine.

Bravo and thank you all!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Glad to hear this resolved the issue for you!

For those of you who are not aware, we have tracked down the issue and will be releasing a fix tomorrow. More information can be found here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/topic/i-o-issue-on-1-8-5-official-eventide-announcement/

Thanks for your patience.

headfirstonly
      Participant

Firmware update installed, and sounding fab.

Thanks, folks!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.