H9000 2.0 is in Production

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 2.0 is in Production

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hi everyone, 

We are happy to announce that the H9000 2.0 firmware and Emote 2.0 are now in production. This update introduces a massively improved UI for Emote, scenes for Emote and H9000R users, a new and improved user manual, and a complete overhaul of the firmware update method to simplify future updates.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO ALWAYS UPDATE YOUR H9000’S FIRMWARE BEFORE UPDATING EMOTE.

If you are updating from an earlier firmware version, such as 1.2 or 1.3, please follow the steps for updating H9000 from legacy firmware.

If you have already updated your firmware to the beta 2.0 release, please follow the instructions for the new firmware update method detailed in the H9000 user manual.

New features in 2.0 

New Emote UI:

The most significant change you’ll notice in Emote 2.0 is the new and improved view pages. The Combined View page allows you to see your FX Chains, Algorithms, and Parameters all at once, eliminating the need to tab back and forth between the different view pages. Now you can load a session, create an FX chain, adjust an algorithm’s parameters, edit I/O routings, view presets, map MIDI controllers, and more, all from the same page! You can still view individual pages for FX Chain, Algorithms, and Parameters, as well as new view pages for Devices, Setup, Direct I/O, and Scenes. 

We encourage you to watch our Emote 2.0 overview video.

New Firmware Update Method:

To simplify the H9000 firmware update process, all updating will be done using Emote for firmware versions 2.0 and up. This improvement allows you to update your H9000 without needing an internet connection to the unit itself; as long as Emote is connected to the internet, you will be able to update your H9000. This makes the update process identical for front panel and H9000R users, as well as allowing you to update using a direct ethernet connection from your computer to the H9000.

Additional features:

• Updated and improved user manual which can be viewed directly from Emote (Menu Bar > Help > User Guide)
      • New Emote navigation key commands (standalone only) 
      • VST3 Support for Emote
      • Numerous bug fixes 

Please note that Emote 2.0 is officially supported for macOS 10.11+ and Windows 10.

If for any reason you are unable to see the 2.0 firmware in your available updates, or you’d like to perform and offline update, you can use the USB installer

After updating your H9000’s firmware, you will also need to install the correct version of Emote available here:

Emote 2.0.3[9] macOS

Emote 2.0.3[9] windows

We hope you enjoy this new 2.0 update and please let us know what you would like to see in future updates, for both H9000 and Emote. If you have any issues getting this firmware up and running, please let us know in a new post on the rackmount forum or contact support@eventide.com

Thank you so much for being a part of the H9000 family! 

Best, 

Tyler Skoglund

Eventide Audio 

H9000

joeydego
      Participant

This was pretty straightforward and way better updating thru Emote! 

Basically, not much different from the beta?? 

afewster
      Participant

Super smooth update, the at-a-glance view in persistent state is very useful.  Many thanks for this welcome update!!

For future updates, one (simple?) request would be to minimally have parity in the presets for H9 plugin series / H9000 – OOTB there are as many presets for Blackhole in H9000 as there are folders for presets in the Blackhole Plugin.   The presets are great creative starting points that would be most welcome.

TobyB
      Participant

Pedal mappings and preset’s would be great … if you do the work to produce great video guides to the pedals, being able to follow/reproduce on the H9000 algorithms would be good

moschops
      Participant

HI,

Wow, mega update!

Just starting to use it now, this changes SO much, thank you!

One thing I’ve immediately noticed is you can’t name scenes?

Hopefully I’m missing something, if not can we have this please as it’s impossible without a notepad close by to remember 128 scenes by number!

Thank you for listening.

moschops
      Participant

Great, It will make the function so much more usable!

moschops
      Participant

ah, we also need a way to ‘fold up’ the scenes otherwise it’s just a huge long list of meaningless text with no actual idea what the scene does, I just pressed the minus key loads of times thinking it was hiding the view not realising I was deleting all the settings…ouch..

Yes great new feature but definitely needs to be finessed a bit,

Thanks

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      joeydego wrote:

This was pretty straightforward and way better updating thru Emote! 

Basically, not much different from the beta?? 

The production release fixed a small issue that would not allow H9000R units to connect via recovery mode using a direct ethernet connection. Besides that, it is the same as the 2.0 beta release.

Good to hear that the new update process worked well for you! 

John Baylies
      Participant
      afewster wrote:
      For future updates, one (simple?) request would be to minimally have parity in the presets for H9 plugin series / H9000 – OOTB there are as many presets for Blackhole in H9000 as there are folders for presets in the Blackhole Plugin.   The presets are great creative starting points that would be most welcome.

This is definitely on our radar. We're still thinking of exactly how we want to handle the ribbon and hotswitch mappings. Might add some kind of ribbon and hotswitch to the algorithm general parameters. There's currently no ETA for that, though.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      moschops wrote:

HI,

Wow, mega update!

Just starting to use it now, this changes SO much, thank you!

One thing I've immediately noticed is you can't name scenes?

Hopefully I'm missing something, if not can we have this please as it's impossible without a notepad close by to remember 128 scenes by number!

Thank you for listening.

Glad you are enjoying the update! 

You aren't missing anything, there is currently no way to rename scenes, just the scene maps. Scenes for Emote was adapted from how the scenes work using the front panel, and the front panel never had the option to rename scenes.

However, we have discussed this and made a ticket for this request. Hopefully we can add this to a future update.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      moschops wrote:

ah, we also need a way to 'fold up' the scenes otherwise it's just a huge long list of meaningless text with no actual idea what the scene does, I just pressed the minus key loads of times thinking it was hiding the view not realising I was deleting all the settings…ouch..

Yes great new feature but definitely needs to be finessed a bit,

Thanks

Thanks for this request, that would be a useful feature. I've added a request ticket to show/hide scene actions. 

If you have any more questions or suggestions for scenes, it'd be great if you started a new forum thread for specifically discussing scenes and user suggestions or areas that could be improved. 

Thanks! 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘H9000 2.0 is in Production’ is closed to new replies.