H9000 + Ableton + External Soundcard = USB In/out possible?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 + Ableton + External Soundcard = USB In/out possible?

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ssgrfk
      Participant

Hello

I have a H9000 + RME Audio Interface and ableton / protools

Im using the H9000 with Ableton via AES / EBU for 1x Stereo Channel. so far so good.

i was wanting to utilise the H9000’s USB Audio IO capabilities if possible but Disableton Live only permits use of one ‘device’ for Audio IO (as far as i know) so if i select the H9000’s USB IO, i loose the ability to use my RME audio card..

does anyone know a way around this?

thank you 🙂

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      ssgrfk wrote:

Hello

I have a H9000 + RME Audio Interface and ableton / protools

Im using the H9000 with Ableton via AES / EBU for 1x Stereo Channel. so far so good.

i was wanting to utilise the H9000's USB Audio IO capabilities if possible but Disableton Live only permits use of one 'device' for Audio IO (as far as i know) so if i select the H9000's USB IO, i loose the ability to use my RME audio card..

does anyone know a way around this?

thank you 🙂

If you are on Mac OS. you can use Audio/MIDI Setup to create an aggregate audio device, and use that in Ableton.  See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000 for details.  On Windows, I don't know of a way to do this.

ssgrfk
      Participant

: ) Thank you! i will do this!

ssgrfk
      Participant

hello.

ive followed the instructions on the apple website to set this up. Everything appears to be done as per the instructions and i now have the extra channels available in Ableton via my Aggregate device but when i route audio into those channels, being the USB inputs to the H9000, nothing appears in the H9000 on those channels. no audio comes in via the metering. Is there anyone available to help me trouble shoot this or anything that you can suggest?

thank you

ssgrfk
      Participant

hello

i solved this by switching to ADAT. i wasnt getting any audio I/O there either but solved it by changing Ableton’s Khz sample output rate to match that of the H9000

thxx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.