H9000 Algorithm editing on Mac. Possible?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 Algorithm editing on Mac. Possible?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ssgrfk
      Participant

hello

im looking closely at the H9000 before a possible purchase. I’ve read the user manual and all of the information on the Eventide website and one thing im unsure of is, Can you create / edit your own algorithms with a Mac somehow OR is the H9000 still reliant on VSIG for any Algorithm work?

without actually using it yet, it appears to me that the eMote software is just a remote control of the hardware controls. i was hoping it was a fully featured editor for Algorithms so the unit could be used with a Mac in its entirity.. 

thank you

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      ssgrfk wrote:

hello

im looking closely at the H9000 before a possible purchase. I've read the user manual and all of the information on the Eventide website and one thing im unsure of is, Can you create / edit your own algorithms with a Mac somehow OR is the H9000 still reliant on VSIG for any Algorithm work?

without actually using it yet, it appears to me that the eMote software is just a remote control of the hardware controls. i was hoping it was a fully featured editor for Algorithms so the unit could be used with a Mac in its entirity.. 

thank you

We still build algorithms using Vsig on the H9000 and currently Vsig is not available on Mac. Although you can't 'Create' your own algorithm on the H9000, you can tweak the parameters of any algorithm. With the H9000, you can combine up to 4 algorithms per FXChain letting the users be creative with their algorithm combinations. The H9k also has flexible routing letting route in parallel, series or a combination of both.

Hope this helps! 

ssgrfk
      Participant

Thanks,

Are there any plans to extend the VSIG universe to Mac or make a Mac OSX App that can edit the Algorrithms? that would increase the appeal of the H9000 massively to the Mac community. thanks,

jackmazzotti
      Participant

Does VSIG work with Wine?

https://www.winehq.org

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        jackmazzotti wrote:

Does VSIG work with Wine?

https://www.winehq.org

Some of us use Vsig under Wine internally for algorithm development, but it's tricky to set up.   I'm also not sure if anyone has attempted to run the version of VSig with H9000 support under Wine.  If I remember correctly, there are compatibility issues with the more recent versions of the Windows DLLs that are needed.  We didn't have enough resources to devote to VSig while getting the H9000 ready to ship, but we recognize the need for it, and I hope we can give you some more definitive answers in the coming weeks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.