H9000 – Algorithm Guide

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 – Algorithm Guide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      igglethorpe
      Participant

Greetings,

I’m new here. Have been using Eventide products awhile and just recently jumped into the deep in of the pool with the H9000. Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone made a “guide” of sorts for the algorithms available on the H9000? I understand that the “Factor” and H9 algorithms have decent enough information. I’m mainly looking for some more information on some of the other algorithms that are available.

One comes to mind is called “Adventure” which is seriously deep but has some abbreviations in some of its parameters that I don’t quite follow. I’m sure as I explore even more questions will come up around these other algorithms.

Looking forward to the adventure… of sorts.

tmoravan
      Participant
      igglethorpe wrote:
      Greetings, I’m new here. Have been using Eventide products awhile and just recently jumped into the deep in of the pool with the H9000. Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone made a “guide” of sorts for the algorithms available on the H9000? I understand that the “Factor” and H9 algorithms have decent enough information. I’m mainly looking for some more information on some of the other algorithms that are available. One comes to mind is called “Adventure” which is seriously deep but has some abbreviations in some of its parameters that I don’t quite follow. I’m sure as I explore even more questions will come up around these other algorithms. Looking forward to the adventure… of sorts.

I tend to look in the H8000 Family presets manual:  https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h8000-family-presets-manual

igglethorpe
      Participant

Thank you for that.  It is more information but not necessarily as detailed as I would have hoped.  I’ll of course explore, listen, and carve my own path, however a more comprehensive insight into the legacy algorithms would still be helpful for a variety of reasons.

Maybe someone just needs to do it.  I will ponder.

igglethorpe
      Participant

So, I did some more digging in Eventide’s manuals and found the Eclipse Algorithm Guide.  I admit I’m jealous as to the extensive documentation provided for each algorithm type including nicely built diagrams and details for every parameter.

Just saying that the flagship series could use this kind of extensive documentation.  If not legacy algorithms, going forward at least.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is a significant difference between the Eclipse and the H9000.

The Eclipse has a small number of algorithms (maybe 100 ?), and then presets based on those algorithms.

The H9000 follows the H8000 model, where each preset is an algorithm (admittedly, some are clones). There are over 1000 such presets.

This means that the amount of work involved in documenting the H9000 algorithms to the level of detail offfered by the Eclipse is likely beyond us, especially when you consider that the H9000 is by definition a low volume product.

igglethorpe
      Participant

Very reasonable reply. Maybe then the best ask is for future algorithms to benefit from this type of documentation detail.

That said I love the unit and will continue to explore and learn with what information is available.

Understand that this is a new user joining the HXXX community that is simply coming in with a fresh perspective and ideas to improve things. People that have been used to the way things are for a long time dont always offer suggestions like these so it is something to note at least. Documentation has been steadily improving in the last 20 years with music gear. I was only suggesting the same.

I will say the design of the H9000 and supporting manual for the usability of the unit is outstanding, in my opinion! I just think the algorithm details need a little help.

macgee
      Participant

igglethorpe, I use the Eclipse manual to demystify some functions, like what the flux paramater does in distortion alogs.

I search the Eclipse manual for paramaters I don’t know what they do and that helps

igglethorpe
        Participant
        macgee wrote:

igglethorpe, I use the Eclipse manual to demystify some functions, like what the flux paramater does in distortion alogs.

I search the Eclipse manual for paramaters I don’t know what they do and that helps

Will do!  This is an amazing audio tool.  Really excited for where Eventide will take it over the coming years.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.