H9000 and C++

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 and C++

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      EstateMatt
      Participant

So…  I talked to someone who mentioned there’s both a pipeline from MaxMSP’s Gen and also C++ to the H9000.  

I can’t find any info on this.  Can anyone direct me to how to do this? 

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      EstateMatt wrote:

So…  I talked to someone who mentioned there's both a pipeline from MaxMSP's Gen and also C++ to the H9000.  

I can't find any info on this.  Can anyone direct me to how to do this? 

Yes, the H9000 has a C/C++ plugin API and we've used this in collaboration with Cycling 74 to make plugins from Gen that run on the H9000.  We demonstrated this at the C74 Expo this year – perhaps the person you talked to was at the expo.

We don't have any formal documentation for this yet, but if you are interested I can contact you directly and help get you started.

EstateMatt
      Participant

I would absolutely love that.  it’s matthewaudio at that main g site.    I forget the name.  🙂

benoit piccand
      Participant

hi there,

as a max-msp-user, i’d also love to know more about this!

thanks,

benoit

jclements

jbamberg,

can you please share anything related to the c++ api?  very interested max / gen~ programmer here!  Thank you!  jclements77 at the G male

wurst
      Participant

I’m interested in both of these interfaces as well. How can I can more info on them?

wurst
      Participant

@jbamberg: Sounds good, looking forward to it. 🙂

E

studionebula
      Participant

I would like to see the C++ API info as well. I am familiar with cross-platform DSP development; it’s actually my job. smiley

Thanks!

Puppeteer
      Participant

I’m also interested in the C++ API and gen~ integration for the H9000

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      jclements wrote:

jbamberg,

can you please share anything related to the c++ api?  very interested max / gen~ programmer here!  Thank you!  jclements77 at the G male

There's really 2 parts to this:  the lower level C/C++ API and the gen~ tools which are built on top of the C/C++ API.

For the gen~ stuff, it's in the current Max beta.  We'll follow up with instructions on how to get it going with your H9000.  This is definitely the easier route.

For the C++ API, it's a bit more difficult to use because you'll need a cross compiling environment.  We can help you get started with this but can only offer quite limited support.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      wurst wrote:

I'm interested in both of these interfaces as well. How can I can more info on them?

I'll contact you via your registered email address.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      studionebula wrote:

I would like to see the C++ API info as well. I am familiar with cross-platform DSP development; it's actually my job. smiley

Thanks!

Sorry I'm so behind on this.  Can I reach out via your registered email address?

studionebula
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

Sorry I’m so behind on this.  Can I reach out via your registered email address?

Absolutely! Sorry, I should have said as much–kinda inferred that that was your usual method.

Afturmath
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

Sorry I’m so behind on this.  Can I reach out via your registered email address?

I am also very interested in both the C++ API and any kind of Max gen~ integration/portability. I have been designing Max for Live audio effects for a few years and slowly migrating a lot of them to gen~ for portability onto the new Electrosmith Daisy (STM32H7) microcontroller. I would love to be able to port them to my 9000R without having to recreate them in VSIG. 

Please reach out to me via my registered email address if possible. Thank you.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      Afturmath wrote:

I am also very interested in both the C++ API and any kind of Max gen~ integration/portability. I have been designing Max for Live audio effects for a few years and slowly migrating a lot of them to gen~ for portability onto the new Electrosmith Daisy (STM32H7) microcontroller. I would love to be able to port them to my 9000R without having to recreate them in VSIG. 

Please reach out to me via my registered email address if possible. Thank you.

It sounds like the gen~ stuff will be ideal for your needs so I'd recommend starting there.  We are out this week but will be in touch after that.

mishik
      Participant

necroposting 🙂

will this gen~ integration work with H90?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

The gen integration is only supported on the H9000. I cannot confirm if this will ever be added to the H90, but I can let the developers know of your interest.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.