H9000 and emote Bugs

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 and emote Bugs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      jbamberg
      Eventide Staff

Thank you for the reports.  We'll look into these tomorrow.

I'm away from my H9000 at the moment, but is it possible you're seeing the tempo mode being reset because it's set to Internal (i.e. off) in the default session?  In other words, the tempo mode is stored in the session, so gets reset accordingly when the session is loaded.  When you refer to "my default session", are you referring to the factory default session, or your own session that you have saved?  In the H9000, you can't modify factory sessions, you'd have to save your own copy if you wanted to modify it.  If you know this already I apologize.  Are you loading the session via emote or using the front panel UI?

enable
      Participant

Hey, thanks for your fast answer. 

I made my own default session. 

Whether I load it on the device or via app has the same result.

the tempo sync switch in the app keeps off.

Regards

Brian

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        enable wrote:

OK, that sounds like a bug then.  We'll investigate.

jfirlik
        Eventide Staff
        enable wrote:

Hey, thanks for your fast answer. 

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

We were able to reproduce both of these issues and have fixes that will be rolled into the next software release.  For now, I sent you an email with a private build to confirm that the fixes work on your system.

waldorcave

[/quote]

Hi Brian,

We were able to reproduce both of these issues and have fixes that will be rolled into the next software release.  For now, I sent you an email with a private build to confirm that the fixes work on your system.

[/quote]

Hi,

we have the same problems like Brian with Logic. Can you send me also a private bulid of the emote software?

thx

Lars

enable
      Participant

Hey

I got the H9000 today and love the device.

Unfortunately I have a few problems.

emote ( ableton crashes)

if i load the emote plugin in ableton, remove it and then load it again.

The same problem if I have loaded a song in which the emote plugin is loaded

and then i load a new session in Ableton in which also contains an emote plugin.

In logic i dont have this problem

H9000 Session:

tempo sync setting can not be saved.

I would like that tempo sync is always enabled but after loading my default session, the tempo sync is turned off again.

My system:

OSX 10.13.6

Ableton 9 & 10 

H9000:

Plugin:

Newest version from the website

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff

We've just made a public H9000 release 1.0.0[47] for any users experiencing these issues.

Offline USB installer:

https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=G2d6Qz3Es14QUpk6gLh4PjmkGwrHjD6z

Emote for macOS 1.0.0[47] (required version):

https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=2vq9LC4Aff9BiE4hcCD8Bhtwu9kB6neF

benoit piccand
      Participant

hi there,

i updated my H9000 to 1.0.0.47 and emote – since, it can’t connect to the eventide-server anymore, and emote doesn’t see it either. the connection to my network seems to be fine. and as it can’t see the updates anymore, i can’t reverse anything.

what to do?

thanks and best,

benoit

jfirlik
        Eventide Staff
        benoit piccand wrote:

hi there,

i updated my H9000 to 1.0.0.47 and emote – since, it can’t connect to the eventide-server anymore, and emote doesn’t see it either. the connection to my network seems to be fine. and as it can’t see the updates anymore, i can’t reverse anything.

what to do?

thanks and best,

benoit

How is your network connected? Are you seeing a valid IP address on your H9000 under Setup > Network?

Racerx1492
        Participant

I’m seeing similar behaviour after update as well.

I updated over the air. Then upgraded emote on my Mac.  Then used a USB cable to connect. The H9000 will not show up as a device on emote.  I then also went back to the setup menus on the H9000 and no longer see the various firmware updates.  

benoit piccand wrote:

hi there,

what to do?

thanks and best,

benoit

jfirlik
        Eventide Staff
        Racerx1492 wrote:

I'm seeing similar behaviour after update as well.

I updated over the air. Then upgraded emote on my Mac.  Then used a USB cable to connect. The H9000 will not show up as a device on emote.  I then also went back to the setup menus on the H9000 and no longer see the various firmware updates.  

One thing to note is that the H9000 will clear its current state as part of the software update.  You may need to re-load your default Session in order to reconnect to your previous network, or do this manually via Setup > Network.  If after re-connecting you still don't see the device in Emote, then there may be another issue.

Racerx1492
        Participant

Thank you.  This helped.  I’m keeping everything OTA.  No USB cable.

Fixed.

jfirlik wrote:

Racerx1492 wrote:

I’m seeing similar behaviour after update as well.

One thing to note is that the H9000 will clear its current state as part of the software update.  You may need to re-load your default Session in order to reconnect to your previous network, or do this manually via Setup > Network.  If after re-connecting you still don’t see the device in Emote, then there may be another issue.

benoit piccand
      Participant

…thanks for your answer – problem solved: after the update, my H9000 tried to connect to another Wlan, which was not authorized. i didn’t notice that first as both are labelled in the nearly same way.

changed it by hand, works again fin.

best,

benoit

benoit piccand
      Participant

…i’ll just add that the whole front-panel of my H9000 froze after i left it rest on the update-page for a while.

besides that, the new functions in emote are much welcome.

benoit

waldorcave

hi,

i loaded the new versions both. emote standalone works fine. logic au validation crashes. ;-(

Manufacturer String: Eventide

AudioUnit Name: Emote

Component Version: 256.0.45 (0x100002D)

* * PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:

COLD:

Time to open AudioUnit:         10.992 ms

WARM:

Time to open AudioUnit:         0.010  ms

ERROR: Component Version mismatch: Res Vers = 0x100002D, Comp Vers = 0x100002E

FIRST TIME:

Time for initialization:        0.006 ms

* * FAIL

AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

i deleted the emote files i found on the computer and installed again. no luck.

maybe there are some hidden files? the au validation says: component version mismatch

thx for your help

greets from cologne germany

lars

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff

I reproduced the problem with auval.  I believe there was an issue with the version number in that installer.  This one is passing auval on my setup:

Emote macOS 1.0.0[47]

https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=2vq9LC4Aff9BiE4hcCD8Bhtwu9kB6neF

ssgrfk
      Participant

hi

on Mac, Emote 1.0.0.38, in the SESSIONS view, right clicking on a session and attempting to Duplicate or Rename will consistently crash Emote.

thx

gkellum
        Participant
        ssgrfk wrote:

on Mac, Emote 1.0.0.38, in the SESSIONS view, right clicking on a session and attempting to Duplicate or Rename will consistently crash Emote.

Thanks for the feedback.  That's been fixed in the release we're working on, v1.1, which we hope to make available for public beta next week.

Edgar9001
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

ssgrfk wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.  That’s been fixed in the release we’re working on, v1.1, which we hope to make available for public beta next week.

Hi,

today Emote doesn*t want to store any more sessions to the H9000 directly… it has worked numerous times before…

This would be Session #020 …maybe an issue with the number?

kind regards,

Edgar

ssgrfk
      Participant

hello

i have compiled a list of small UX improvements and other features that i think would be worthy for consideration by Eventide for future versions of Emote.

IF you’re open to this kind of feedback, i could post it up here in a new thread

gkellum
        Participant
        ssgrfk wrote:

i have compiled a list of small UX improvements and other features that i think would be worthy for consideration by Eventide for future versions of Emote.

IF you're open to this kind of feedback, i could post it up here in a new thread

Yes, we'd definitely be open to any feedback that you have to offer, and if you could post your feedback in a new thread, we'll take a look through it and let you know if anything you suggested is in the works already.  We have had 2 – 3 early H9000 owners suggest optimizations to the UI that would make their workflows in Emote faster.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.