H9000 and emote not communicating

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 and emote not communicating

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      amop
      Participant

Just got my new H9000 installed, and when I launch Emote it doesn’t see the H9000 at all.  I try to add it manually to devices, and then I get an error (pic attached) that says “The H9000 you are trying to connect to is out of date and can’t be used with this version of Emote.  Please update your H9000 to the latest version”.  The status of the H9000 is also identifed as “Disconnected”

I have verified that both Emote and the H9000 are updated to the latest software for each as of July 20.  

I am using an iMac Retina 5K running High Sierra, and an Apple Airport Extreme wifi/router.  I also tried connecting both the iMac and H9000 to the router via Ethernet.  No luck, same issue.  The H9000 is able to download updates via wifi/router. iMac firewall is turned off.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

gkellum
      Participant

Would you mind letting us know what software version you have installed on your H9000? It should show you the installed software version in SETUP mode in the upper right hand corner of the screen. 

amop
      Participant

It’s 1.0.0[30] (8feee76).

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, we looked a little bit further into your problem using the manual connection function.  We are working on putting together a new Emote build for you that fixes that problem.  I'll post an update here when it's ready for download.

I don't understand why Emote is not automatically finding your H9000 on your network, especially since you tried connecting your iMac and your H9000 to the Airport Extreme in two different ways.  We don't have an Airport Extreme in the office, and we'll have to get one and do some testing with it.  Just to verify though, initially you had your iMac and the H9000 connected to the Airport Extreme itself over WiFi, or the H9000 was connected over Wifi to the Airport Extreme and the iMac was connected to the Airport Extreme over ethernet?

amop
      Participant

Thanks for your response.

I had both the iMac and the H9k connected via WiFi, and then both connected via Ethernet ( all these were through the AirPort Extreme).

I did even try creating a hotspot from the H9k and connected the iMac to that, but also did not work.

amop
      Participant

Hello – wondering if you had any update for me, or recommendations on things to ty out. Would really like to get emote working

Thanks, Andrew

gkellum
        Participant
        amop wrote:
        wondering if you had any update for me, or recommendations on things to ty out. Would really like to get emote working

I just sent you a private email with a link to a new build that should fix the issue you were having with connecting to an H9000 directly using its IP address.

We're also looking into the problem you were having with Emote finding the H9000 automatically.  We bought an Airport Extreme to use for testing, but its not going to arrive here until next week.

amop
      Participant

Hi Greg –

I downloaded it and it worked great via manual setting. Thanks so much.

Andrew

taylor12k
      Participant

i’ve got the exact same issue… and just posted a thread about it (didn’t see this thread first, sorry!)…

new h9000 and it wont’ connect at all to emote, despite everything being up to date…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.