H9000 and Emote Total Control Problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 and Emote Total Control Problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      enable
      Participant

HI

I have the problem that it happens really often that emote does not save itself when saving the DAW.
      This is extremely annoying and has already destroyed several songs for me.

Is there a routine that you have to pay attention to so that the plugin also saves itself?
      It happens with Cubase and with ableton.

wvought
      Participant

Save an H9000 Session (.9KS file) to your hard drive before closing out of your DAW. Give it the same name as your project file.

Then you can recall the Session after re-opening the project in your DAW.

joeydego
      Participant

This happened to me once. The workflow in saving isnt very clear. I think the problem is pilot error but in fairness the flight manual leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully, this will get revamped in the near future. As stated, always save to a file folder on your desktop and this will never happen again. Or save and name the session to the hardware.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry to hear this has been an issue for you. When you save your DAW project, if an instance of Emote is present it should save the state of everything on the H9000 within that DAW project. To recall this, you just need to open your DAW project, open the Emote window, and you should be prompted to restore that state.

However, this is not the same as saving the H9000 session itself. It is recommended to always save a copy of the session to your computer or the H9000 itself.

If you are finding that the saved state is not recalling correctly, please provide some more details and I’ll see if I can reproduce the issue.

studionebula
      Participant

Hello, Sorry to hear this has been an issue for you. When you save your DAW project, if an instance of Emote is present it should save the state of everything on the H9000 within that DAW project. To recall this, you just need to open your DAW project, open the Emote window, and you should be prompted to restore that state.

Two comments, one question:

I’m not getting prompted to restore the state when I reload a DAW project. Seemingly it just happens.

Is it really the case that Emote window has to be opened in order to restore the state? If so, I humbly suggest that this be changed so that the Emote plugin always restores the state upon loading the DAW project. It shouldn’t be incumbent upon the user to remember to open a plugin’s window in order to restore its state. My customers would scream at us if our products worked like this.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Just to make a small correction, the prompt will happen when you connect to Emote, not when you open the Emote window. My mistake.

If you have Emote set to auto-connect, it’s possible you are missing the prompt. I’ve made a ticket to improve this.

You should be able to reliably use the state restore feature with the following conditions:

• When using Emote as a plug-in, turn auto-connect off
        • When you open your DAW project, the first thing you should do is open Emote and connect, you should be prompted to restore the state
        • Even when you are following the above steps, it is strongly recommended to always save a Session to the H9000 itself to avoid data loss issues

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.