h9000 (and maybe other) session management

Home Forums Products Rackmount h9000 (and maybe other) session management

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      joeydego
      Participant

How do you guys typically keep track of your Eventide session assignments? Do you assign a session per song and leave that in your sessions preset list? It has recently occurred to me to start saving an Eventide session file IN the DAW session folder for recall along with the song. Question: if I have an Emote VST loaded in my DAW session, does it also have Eventide session information and upon launching the DAW session, will it switch sessions on my H9000? THIS would probably be the best most pain free way. 

John Baylies
      Participant

I assign one session per band/project. I haven't had to switch whole sessions between songs, just FX chains. I give the chain the same name as the song, save it to the H9000, and drag it in when I need it.

The plug-in currently gives DAWs control of FX chain bypass, mute, mix, in gain, out gain, and functions, but it does not support swapping sessions, chains, or algorithms.

Once Emote supports scenes then DAWs will be able to swap sessions through Emote.

joeydego
      Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. Hopefully Eventide will consider adding this feature in the future.

John Baylies
      Participant

Indeed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/38852#comment-38852

edit: do you have the H9000 or the H9000R? The H9000 currently supports scenes, but the H9000R does not.

joeydego
      Participant

I do have a 9000 

John Baylies
      Participant

I have the R, but you can send MIDI from your DAW to the H9000 to load the scene you want for the project. I can understand how it'd be nice if that functionality were baked into the plug-in, though.

joeydego
      Participant

Although the scene function does seem useful, it appears it has no control over algos or routing, which for me changes song to song, especially since I’m still diving in and discovering new sounds and uses. I think in my case until firmware changes, I’m best served keeping each song its own session and saving those files in my DAW session folder. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.