Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 + Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      marcoshorus
      Participant

Hi!! My name is Marcos. 

I am going to buy an eventide h9000R. I use windows 10 and Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core as interface. I wonder what is the best connection between them for DAW recording. This interface has:

– 2 ADAT IN/OUT

– 1 S/P-DIF (RCA)

–  8 OUT line (D-Sub 25)

Thank you very much!!!!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hey Marcos, 

Great to hear that you are interested in an H9000! 

There is not really a "best" connection in this scenario, but with the Antelope interface you would have some great options for I/O choices. 

If you use ADAT to connect to your H9k, you would be limited to 44.1 or 48kHz sample rates, and you will also need to clock the H9k and audio interface together. 

The DSUB connector would not require clocking since it is all analog connections. 

Note that you can use the analog DSUB connectors on the H9k in tandem with 1 choice of digital audio connector (in your case you could chose ADAT or S/PDIF.) So you could potentially have 8 analog channels and 8 digital channels using ADAT all at the same time.

It all depends on your setup and how many channels of processing you need, but you would have many choices with this setup. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Tyler

joeydego
      Participant
      marcoshorus wrote:

Hi!! My name is Marcos. 

I am going to buy an eventide h9000R. I use windows 10 and Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core as interface. I wonder what is the best connection between them for DAW recording. This interface has:

– 2 ADAT IN/OUT

– 1 S/P-DIF (RCA)

–  8 OUT line (D-Sub 25)

Thank you very much!!!!

Marcos, you’d probably be best served using 8 channels of DSUB (analog audio) and 8 channels ADAT giving you a total of 16 channels. No issues here with that configuration and windows 10.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.