H9000 App

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 App

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      craig0101
      Participant

Hello,

Please could somebody tell me what the H9000 iPad app is in the bottom right of the attached photo? Is it some midi app to control the H9000?

Thanks

ethosphere
      Participant

Please tell me its an IOS controller app!! Thats exactly what is needed for the H9000R. Dont want to have to control from the computer screen. There should be an iPad app that replicates the screen so that there is a touch controller that effectively replaces the eve/net control.

ndoe22
      Participant

I hope it is coming soon!!  This was my first request and vsig for mac

craig0101
      Participant

Would anybody from Eventide be able to confirm on this one? 

Has anybody managed to integrate Lemur with the H9000 yet?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's an iPad app called "MIDI Designer Pro 2."    https://mididesigner.com/mdp2-announce/

Note that it is quite a bit of work to setup the H9000 as shown.

The iPad is connected via USB to an iConnectivity MIDI interface which connects to the H9K. https://www.iconnectivity.com/midi-interfaces-1/

ndoe22
      Participant

I really feel like an iPad app to control the H9000 is almost essential. It would be really nice if you came up with a native way just to plug the iPad directly into the H9000 control it or maybe allow the template you use for the midi designer to to be publicly available? I have an iconnect device already so if you guys aren’t doing a iPad app I’d buy midi designer just to have it for the H9000. Or a lemur template.

craig0101
      Participant

Thanks for the reply on this. Agree an iPad app would be really helpful. I’m going to give Lemur a go and I’ll share the template if I can get it working.

Jago_Marris
      Participant

Eventide. Why dont you share the Midi Designer teomplate. I am sure many in the comunity would appreciate it.

ethosphere
      Participant

Better yet, why can’t emote be ported to an IOS app? Your cheapest product supports this (and I really like how it works on the H9) so I’m a little surprised that the flagship does not. Its the one of the only things holding me back from purchasing the H9000R.

tmoravan
      Participant

My vote would be for the Eventide engineers to do what they need to do best — keep working on/improving the core H9000 functionality.  I’d love to see some of the ‘missing’ older algorithms get implemented along with other new cool things that only the 9000 can do.  Since there is a faceless H9000R, the Emote app is a necessary tool to maintain.

However, I’d leave all the other editors/etc to 3rd party developers and publish whatever specs/info Eventide has gleaned to help up to this point.  Supporting software apps across different platforms, different OS upgrades, and different hardware/network configurations can drag down a small company with finite resources.

rfeinberg
      Participant

Is anybody using a Surface Pro to run Emote? It seems like a good alternative to an IOS app for now. Just run Emote software for Windows in Tablet mode.

I’m trying to set it up here, but I cannot seem to get the H9000r to connect via an Ethernet cable ( thru a USB Ethernet adapter since the surface pro has no Ethernet port). Anyone else had issues with or tried with a surface pro?

tmoravan
      Participant

Similar positive experience running Emote from an Acer Switch Alpha 12 touch tablet. The touch interface worked well with the Emote controls. I was using it wireless and didn’t have any connections issues.

moschops
      Participant

Personally I’d rather use my Laptop [music computer] to control the H9000, otherwise its just another thing to have to hook up and take desk space up with.

Also rather the Eventide team worked on new features and improving Emote and Vsig.

resynthesis
      Participant

Believed I understood (incorrectly as it turns out) that a screen-sharing app to connect an ipad and the Mac (on which emote is installed) would allow me to control emote using my fingers on the remote ipad screen. So I paid for a license for DuetDisplay, turns out the ipad acts only a remote computer and not (at least not apparently) a touch-sensitive ipad in the DuetDisplay app. Save your $ – I didn’t…

Anybody have other tips on how to use an ipad to control emote/h9k? Aside from buying another whole computer…

ndoe22
      Participant
      craig0101 wrote:
      Thanks for the reply on this. Agree an iPad app would be really helpful. I’m going to give Lemur a go and I’ll share the template if I can get it working.

Do you have lemur already? I do and would like to see a template for it. I might try this midi designer2. It looks more in line with what I want it for. But I know nothing about it

craig0101
      Participant
      ndoe22 wrote:
      craig0101 wrote:

Do you have lemur already? I do and would like to see a template for it. I might try this midi designer2. It looks more in line with what I want it for. But I know nothing about it

I’ve just bought the Lemur app, so I’ll see if I can get anywhere with it over the next few weeks.

Jago_Marris
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

It’s an iPad app called “MIDI Designer Pro 2.”    https://mididesigner.com/mdp2-announce/

Note that it is quite a bit of work to setup the H9000 as shown.

The iPad is connected via USB to an iConnectivity MIDI interface which connects to the H9K. https://www.iconnectivity.com/midi-interfaces-1/

Why not share the midi designer template with the community?

tmoravan
      Participant
      Jago_Marris wrote:

Eventide. Why dont you share the Midi Designer teomplate. I am sure many in the comunity would appreciate it.

Probably because then it would be an official Eventide product requiring them to support it, answer questions on how to install MIDI Designer, fix bugs that are found, etc.

I’ve done a lot of work with the Liine Lemur appa nd templates and I know that you can get into a Black Hole (TM) of support, especially with people’s various MIDI confiurations, network connectivity, etc.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      Jago_Marris wrote:

We can and probably will, as an unsupported document.

But, we haven't rushed to do it, as it also needs a lot of H9000 configuration as well. This will vary from unit to unit (depending on presets), so it is not something we can give out as a file.

The above means that the template would not be as useful as you might think, although it could be informative.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      ethosphere wrote:

Better yet, why can't emote be ported to an IOS app? 

We are certainly thinking about this, but it is a whole lot of work.

The question is whether the best use of our (finite) time is to further develop the H9000, or to spend our time on apps to control it.

You probably can't have both, but presumably some compromise is achievable..

ndoe22
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:
      ethosphere wrote:

The question is whether the best use of our (finite) time is to further develop the H9000, or to spend our time on apps to control it.

I think you could do both. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Also since most people will have that units for a long time. I feel like developing things for it will take some time. I don’t think anyone is saying both right now. I’d like to see some of the new algorithms designed for the H9000 but would like to see an iPad app (ie H9 app or emote)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      nickrose wrote:

I think you could do both. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

I think you missed the bit about finite resources. We are a small company trying to do too many things – we cannot do everything.

It actually DOES have to be one or the other, or a bit of one and a bit of the other.

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff
      ndoe22 wrote:
      nickrose wrote:

ethosphere wrote:

I think you could do both. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Also since most people will have that units for a long time. I feel like developing things for it will take some time. I don’t think anyone is saying both right now. I’d like to see some of the new algorithms designed for the H9000 but would like to see an iPad app (ie H9 app or emote)

Yes, it would be possible to do both given enough time and demand. That writ, I'd like to point out that it's more than 'both'. Eventide has been around for a while (as have I) and it seems to me that some people mistakenly equate age with size or breath of resources (or, in my case, wisdom). The same people that could add the next great alg or ProTools interface, or mike pres or improve the UI and work flow of Emote to better meet the user requirements of the handful of markets that the H9000 is good for (recording, broadcast, front-of-house, stage, post production, music creation) would have to stop doing whatever they are doing to port Emote. We accept that we're not great at everything. For all of us, taking the next step in gear that makes people want to make music is what we care most about. And rack mount is one of three realms that we try to play in. Much of the same team that does H9000 development also develops our plugins and stompboxes. If you'd like to learn a bit who we are as people check out this newly released podcast episode and hear how the H9000 came to be.

https://www.gear-club.net/episodes/66/h9000-1

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      rfeinberg wrote:
      Is anybody using a Surface Pro to run Emote? It seems like a good alternative to an IOS app for now. Just run Emote software for Windows in Tablet mode. I’m trying to set it up here, but I cannot seem to get the H9000r to connect via an Ethernet cable ( thru a USB Ethernet adapter since the surface pro has no Ethernet port). Anyone else had issues with or tried with a surface pro?

Do you have the Apple Bonjour services for Windows installed?  You can download it from Apple here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999

It's needed so that emote can discover the H9000 on the network.

rfeinberg
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

rfeinberg wrote:
      Is anybody using a Surface Pro to run Emote? It seems like a good alternative to an IOS app for now. Just run Emote software for Windows in Tablet mode. I’m trying to set it up here, but I cannot seem to get the H9000r to connect via an Ethernet cable ( thru a USB Ethernet adapter since the surface pro has no Ethernet port). Anyone else had issues with or tried with a surface pro?

Do you have the Apple Bonjour services for Windows installed?  You can download it from Apple here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999

It’s needed so that emote can discover the H9000 on the network.

Yep…that was it!  Thank you So much!     

Is that indicated in the mauals somewhere?   I couln’t find it!

None the less…now that I have it working….its TRULY no different than having an IOS app!    Runs in Tablet mode exactly as you’d expect.   Its easy to make edits and to audition presets and algos.     If anyone with a H900R wants the tablet interface that the “R” version is missing….this is a very viable way to go!

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      rfeinberg wrote:

Is that indicated in the mauals somewhere?   I couln't find it!

I took a quick look and couldn't find it either.  We'll make sure the manual and the download page on the web site have this information.  Sorry we missed this.

rfeinberg
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

rfeinberg wrote:

Is that indicated in the mauals somewhere?   I couln’t find it!

I took a quick look and couldn’t find it either.  We’ll make sure the manual and the download page on the web site have this information.  Sorry we missed this.

Awesome.   Thank you!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.