H9000 as a soundcard / WIn10

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 as a soundcard / WIn10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      homer
      Participant

Hi all,

pulled the trigger on a H9000 (again :-), bought one 2 years ago but sent it back)…so here we go again.:-)

My question: I want to use the H9000 as a simple soundcard such that I could play music from Spotify etc.Seems like this is a bit tricky. As I understand USB audio only works with an ASIO host. Tried to install ASIO4ALL. While I can see the H9000 in the device list in ASIO4All, the Asio device doesn’t show up in my Win 10 sound settings so I am pretty much stuck. H9000 is properly connected, what am I missing, guys?

Would be great if someone could chime in who has been through all of this before. To old to bother and not enough hairs from all the nights I spent in my youth making computer stuff work.

On a side note, how would I route the audio inside the 9K? I have a set of active speakers attached to it which have an SPDIF input which I did connect successfully when I connected my synths (analog to Spdif RCA)

BTW seems like there is no plug n play in place, Once I disconnect either the 9K or the computer usb cable the 9k will not be recognized anymore until a reboot.

Thx

John Baylies
      Participant

Welcome back!

Here are instructions for using your H9000 as a USB audio interface with Windows 10: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/content/setup.html#using-the-h9000-with-windows

Remember to download the Windows USB Audio Driver for H9000 https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloader/11371 and Bonjour https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999?locale=en_US

In regards to SPDIF, read https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/content/operation.html#things-to-know-about-signal-routing and https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/content/setup.html#digital-audio-mode

In Emote, the routing from USB to SPDIF RCA would look something like this:

homer
      Participant

Hi John,

checked all of it. Driver is flagged green and „attached“ in the box, output defice set to the H9000 in Win10. 

Routing is USB 1-2 to SPDIF/RCA 1-2 on the FX chain as suggested, I used the „Thru“ block instead.

Anyway, nothing going out. Moreover, I think the problem is nothing going out over USB from my laptop to the 9K.

At least checking the 9K Meters there is no incoming signal from the USB in.Puzzled…

John Baylies
      Participant

Could I see a screenshot of the Windows 10 output device set to the H9000?

"Shift  + windows key + s" can save a screenshot to your clipboard. "Ctrl + v" can paste the screenshot into this forum's comment box.

Edit: It may be necessary to restart your PC after installing the drivers.

homer
      Participant

Ok, seems like the setup did not like the USB extension cable I needed to put in to go from the rack to the laptop. Its working fine now without the extension.

The only annoyance to me is that I have to restart the 9K each time I unplug/plug  the cable. This thing doesnt seem to like Plug’n Play…Anything to fix that issue?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      homer wrote:

Ok, seems like the setup did not like the USB extension cable I needed to put in to go from the rack to the laptop. Its working fine now without the extension.

The only annoyance to me is that I have to restart the 9K each time I unplug/plug  the cable. This thing doesnt seem to like Plug'n Play…Anything to fix that issue?

Glad that you were able to get it working! Please see this note from the H9000 user manual regarding USB extenders: 

Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an Active USB Extension/Repeater Cable. Exceeding this maximum length without an Active USB Extension/Repeater Cable may cause issues. If you do use a USB extension, be sure it is a USB 2.0 or 3.0 extension, and not a USB 1.0 extension.

I'm on Mac, but if the USB cable gets unplugged and the H9000 isn't recognized by the computer, if I put my computer through a sleep cycle that will fix it. 

homer
      Participant
      tbskoglund wrote:

homer wrote:

The only annoyance to me is that I have to restart the 9K each time I unplug/plug  the cable. This thing doesnt seem to like Plug’n Play…Anything to fix that issue?

Glad that you were able to get it working! Please see this note from the H9000 user manual regarding USB extenders: 

Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an Active USB Extension/Repeater Cable. Exceeding this maximum length without an Active USB Extension/Repeater Cable may cause issues. If you do use a USB extension, be sure it is a USB 2.0 or 3.0 extension, and not a USB 1.0 extension.

I’m on Mac, but if the USB cable gets unplugged and the H9000 isn’t recognized by the computer, if I put my computer through a sleep cycle that will fix it. 

RTFM – Thanks for the hint. As cable + extension did not exceed 5m I suspect the USB level might have been the issue. I will check if putting my win10 laptop to sleep and back will fix the issue and post back here. Thx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.